Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

We can always have fun watching you try to wheel in rear wheel drive! Lol! Consider it a challenge!

We can always have fun watching you try to wheel in rear wheel drive! Lol! Consider it a challenge!
Maybe I'll finally get to use my winch. Hopefully my motor didn't die on it again lol. Worst case I buy a new 1310 ujoint and throw my old shaft back in.

Was it the diff yoke or the tc input yoke you had to change?
Diff. I could have had Tom woods send me the axle with the correct end for the rubicons ujoint but I figured since my rear is going to be a 1310 I should keep it consistent between the two.

The driveshaft has arrived.

Reactions: JMT and Daryl
Small update: Went to Hollister Hills over the weekend. Lots of mud that was slicker then ice. I spent 20 min at the pay and spray on the way home and another 20 min cleaning it off yesterday. I think I got about 95% off at this point.

Only ran into one part failure during the trip which was when I went to fill up the tires. I flipped the switch on the arb and hooked up the airline. Once the line was plugged in the pump wouldn't auto shut off. After letting it run or 10 seconds I decided to shut it down and figure it out later. When I flipped the switch to the off position in the cab the pump remained on. At this point the only way to turn off the pump was to disconnect the pigtail that powers the pump. Luckily Hollister has an air up station so I was able to make it back home.

This morning I gave ARB a call and the tech said most likely the pressure switch and relay need to be replaced with a slight possibility of a burnt out piston. Tech support said when I get home I need to check to see if a bolt is still attached behind the air filter and once I report back they will send me out parts under warranty.

• Sad
Reactions: Daryl and DrDmoney
Having the air up stations there was a nice plus. I think I'm good staying clear from mud for a while. I got some strange looks from folks on the trip home. drove to work this morning in the rain, and most of the big stuff has washed off, lol!

Having the air up stations there was a nice plus. I think I'm good staying clear from mud for a while. I got some strange looks from folks on the trip home. drove to work this morning in the rain, and most of the big stuff has washed off, lol!
I would agree. I think the photo Jerry always posts rings true.

I kept looking at my rear view on the way home noticed how 50% of people would either stay way back or change lanes. Can't say I blame them.

I had to work pretty hard to get that mud off. Most of the stuff in the wheel wells and under the jeep needed the power washer to sit on it a bit before even thinking about moving.

@tomtaylz make sure you spend lots of time washing that off before we look at your control arms again. :ROFLMAO:

Nice. When I put mine back together I dropped my pinion angle down 1 degree to add a bit of caster. It has a slight harmonic vibe now, I knew it wood. Anything less than 8* it starts. Going to try having my DS rebalanced see if that helps before raising the pinion back up. Glade the new shaft worked out. In that pic it really shows the damage.

Nice. When I put mine back together I dropped my pinion angle down 1 degree to add a bit of caster. It has a slight harmonic vibe now, I knew it wood. Anything less than 8* it starts. Going to try having my DS rebalanced see if that helps before raising the pinion back up. Glade the new shaft worked out. In that pic it really shows the damage.
My DS is sitting at 7.6 and couldn't be happier. I feel like prior to adjusting my old RE arms it must have been lower since I feel like I have to work harder on the freeway now. (higher caster then before?) I really wish I was smart enough to measure the angle prior to messing with it.

What is your pinion angle? Did you do the math to see what your caster actually is at?
I miss typed. DS is 9.2 Pinion is 7.6. If i'm correct and the degree of separation is 13.6 then I should be sitting right around 6. Which to me makes me think that I can't be right with my findings on the degree separation or my front axle has had some custom work done.

One day when I feel like my pockets are getting heavy I'll get it aligned to figure out the real number. But, I don't see that day coming anytime in the near future.

Reactions: Hale and DrDmoney
6* should be about right for your setup me thinks. The calculation for my LP30 is spot on with the alignment specs. It was tough handing over $80 to get a printout, but I did it. Guessing it costs even more for you city folk. Everything over there costs more as I found out over the weekend.

6* should be about right for your setup me thinks. The calculation for my LP30 is spot on with the alignment specs. It was tough handing over $80 to get a printout, but I did it. Guessing it costs even more for you city folk. Everything over there costs more as I found out over the weekend.
I'll probably lower it and see how it goes. I was running 5.5 on the old driveshaft during testing and the vib was pretty consistent with the 7.5 measurement. I need to crawl under and figure out what the random clunking I was feeling also. I'm guessing a control arm in the rear isn't torque but I just checked them proir to the trip so I guess some loctite is needed if thats the issue.

Check your rear TB. I bet it's hitting the gas tank skid. Also check to be sure your rear TB relocation bracket isn't hitting the bottom of the tub. If it is, there should be evidence of that.

Reactions: Alex01