Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

mine were bad like that too.
I saw on RE's website the rubber has a life time warranty. I'll warranty these ones and press in new ones prior to selling them. Hopefully they have a better formula now.

Last edited:
As some of you are aware I had an issue while trying to figure out a brake issue. Turned out that my problem consisted of 2 issues. 1: The brake caliper was making contact with the new lower shock mount causing my pedal to fall to the floor on full lock. This was fixed by adding more washers on the steering stop. 2: The knuckle had a deep groove in it which was not allowing the driver's side brake to fully compress leaving air in my lines after I swapped out the calipers with the stock units off of Tom's LJR. (thanks for leaving the spare knuckle on the shelf Tom :p. I may owe you some cash next time I see you.) Special thanks to @ac_ and @bobthetj03 for letting me bounce ideas/vent my frustration off them. Also, everyone else that chimed in on the soft brakes thread.

Last night I swapped out the OEM A/C compressor with an aftermarket unit along with the accumulator. Man, that job is a bear. I read that I should have removed the power steering pump to make more room after looking up if people had as much fun as I did. The upper bolt has little to no room to get anything in there so I ended up using a ratcheting box wrench turning 2 clicks at a time. That bolt alone took between 1-1.5 hours to get on / off. I charged up the system today and after discovering I forgot to plug in one of the sensors it accepted 20lbs of freon and blow cold. 🥶

It only took me 2 years with broken A/C and 10 months of the parts sitting on the shelf to fix the issue.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention I also picked up my new plates today.
20190805_120334.jpg

As some of you are aware I had an issue while trying to figure out a brake issue. Turned out that my problem consisted of 2 issues. 1: The brake caliper was making contact with the new lower shock mount causing my pedal to fall to the floor on full lock. This was fixed by adding more washers on the steering stop. 2: The knuckle had a deep groove in it which was not allowing the driver's side brake to fully compress leaving air in my lines after I swapped out the calipers with the stock units off of Tom's LJR. (thanks for leaving the spare knuckle on the shelf Tom :p. I may owe you some cash next time I see you.) Special thanks to @ac_ and @bobthetj03 for letting me bounce ideas/vent my frustration off them. Also, everyone else that chimed in on the soft brakes thread.

Last night I swapped out the OEM A/C compressor with an aftermarket unit along with the accumulator. Man, that job is a bear. I read that I should have removed the power steering pump to make more room after looking up if people had as much fun as I did. The upper bolt has little to no room to get anything in there so I ended up using a ratcheting box wrench turning 2 clicks at a time. That bolt alone took between 1-1.5 hours to get on / off. I charged up the system today and after discovering I forgot to plug in one of the sensors it accepted 20lbs of freon and blow cold. 🥶

It only took me 2 years with broken A/C and 10 months of the parts sitting on the shelf to fix the issue.

You can always use me for a sounding board. I know what it is like to be frustrated trying to figure things out too.

Reactions: Alex01 and tomtaylz
Reactions: tomtaylz
The seed you planted finally sprouted. I didn't even remember you posted these until I was looking for reviews and it was the top hit on google.

I'll probably paint them body color. I figure half doors are better than no doors for the rubicon/journey to the trail. (Full doors weren't an option in my mind)
LOL, I did vinyl wrap on mine.

Reactions: Alex01
If someone was to purchase them (not saying you would) finger tighten the hinge hardware and mount the door and latch it, then get your reveal nice and even, then tighten.

If someone was to purchase them (not saying you would) finger tighten the hinge hardware and mount the door and latch it, then get your reveal nice and even, then tighten.
They have been purchased. With any luck they will show up the first week of September giving me plenty of time to prime and paint. Thanks for the tip.

Now I need to start figuring out how to turn my jeep into an overlander.

Reactions: lowranger and JMT
They have been purchased. With any luck they will show up the first week of September giving me plenty of time to prime and paint. Thanks for the tip.

I think the trailer setups are the way to go there

A nice little trailer behind your Jeep painted the same color would look great! Jim knows how to weld two Jeep tubs together to make a cool trailer. :)