Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

What is your plan for a rear sway bar?
I'll be installing an antirock rear swaybar. https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9900TJR. I spoke with Blaine and he told me that while the arms may need a bit of modification when I outboard it will ultimately work nicely together.

The decision to add a rear antirock to the mix was done because in order to cut the upper mounts off the rear axle the OEM brackets had to move also. I was actually planning on running the stock one. As @Midnight LJR would say.... While it's apart I might as well.....

Great job and very nice build. Just curious, did you take any pictures of the front axle before install?
I did not. I was pretty terrible at taking photos since we were both working more or less nonstop.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I'll be installing an antirock rear swaybar. https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9900TJR. I spoke with Blaine and he told me that while the arms may need a bit of modification when I outboard it will ultimately work nicely together.

The decision to add a rear antirock to the mix was done because in order to cut the upper mounts off the rear axle the OEM brackets had to move also. I was actually planning on running the stock one. As @Midnight LJR would say.... While it's apart I might as well.....

I am glad my ways are rubbing off on you. 😉

Behind the axle or in front?

I could see having to redo the axle bracket once you out board your rear shocks.

Your using it wrong. It SAVES you money because you don’t have to take it apart twice. 😉
It saves me TIME, not money...My wife just rolls her eyes at me when I say it. The RV generator, which I pulled to bring home and see why it didn't start turned into a 1000 dollar rebuild, because, while it was out, I should probably replace the leaky seals, and If its this far apart, I might as well hone the cylinder walls, OH SNAP...this bearing has funny wear...better replace them all.

What needs to be done to the TJ antirock arms?
Not completely sure yet. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

From what I gathered I may need to bend them a bit more or replace them with a different end.

Reactions: Wildman

That can also be read as while your wallet is open turn it upside down and dump the contents out. 🤣

Spring perches are 75% cut off (Back side of drivers side welds not cut yet). I figure the air hammer is a bit much with the kids sleeping.

20200629_203407.jpg

I still need to install the Wizard Brackets, new rear bump stops, and the extended rear brake line (ordered) before I can take it for a spin.

My current thought is to hold off installing the rear antirock until after the outboard is completed. Unless I guess correctly on placement the lower weld on tab would need to move and I don't feel like grinding it off just so I have it for one run.

Spring perches are 75% cut off (Back side of drivers side welds not cut yet). I figure the air hammer is a bit much with the kids sleeping.

View attachment 173357

I still need to install the Wizard Brackets, new rear bump stops, and the extended rear brake line (ordered) before I can take it for a spin.

My current thought is to hold off installing the rear antirock until after the outboard is completed. Unless I guess correctly on placement the lower weld on tab would need to move and I don't feel like grinding it off just so I have it for one run.
Youre kicking ass on this! I would think you are fine without a rear bar for one trail run.

Edit: People with front discos only run one bar!

Reactions: Alex01
Youre kicking ass on this! I would think you are fine without a rear bar for one trail run.

Edit: People with front discos only run one bar!
I don't think it will be the end of the world. It would have been fun to teat the midarm pre outboard with the antirock so I can see if I felt a difference with the fox shocks but o well.

On a side note.... do these parking brake pads look toast? (I know if I need to ask likely yes 🤣) I've never replaced them and they look fairly thin. The parking brake hasn't been holding great.
20200629_222352.jpg

15934948434534236092490744073556.jpg

I don't think it will be the end of the world. It would have been fun to teat the midarm pre outboard with the antirock so I can see if I felt a difference with the fox shocks but o well.

On a side note.... do these parking brake pads look toast? (I know if I need to ask likely yes 🤣) I've never replaced them and they look fairly thin. The parking brake hasn't been holding great. View attachment 173362
View attachment 173363
They look like they still have some life on them but since you have a part you might as well…