Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

I finally put the last unused switch to use. I blame @Midnight LJR for pushing me over the edge and buying a set.

Lights are from offroad only bought from Northridge.
20200914_182805.jpg
20200914_211437.jpg

No lights:
20200914_231344.jpg

Lights:
20200914_231259.jpg

Last edited:
Wow those lights are crazy bright! Especially considering how small they are. Do they just tape on or are they magnetic?
I was really impressed when I turned them on. I didn't expect much given the size.

They have a magnet and a self tapping screw. Once I'm 100% happy with the placement I'll add the screw.

Certified mall crawler status now!
With all the trails closed, I may need to order an Angry bird grill just to make it official. My main criteria for the rock lights was that I would be able to turn it on with a switch in the jeep. If I didn't care about that I could have had a system that changed colors with the push of a button or even paired to the radio so it could strobe/change with the beat.

TRE thimble, winch line, and the license plate are back on. I can finally say I have no more parts in the mail or on the shelf.
20200915_191830.jpg

This winter I'll likely add savvy corner armor and rear GR flares. Past that I have a feeling I'll be swapping the MC flares for aluminum GR's. I can't think of much more that I can do to it other than keep taking it out and finding more trails. Hopefully 2021 I'll get to run Fordyce.

Last edited:
Looks really great.
Thank you. I'm happy with how it turned out. I think @Chris's bumper was a nice final touch. I was debating between the motobilt and the savvy for a long time but happy with the weight of the savvy and I really like the hoop.

Reactions: Wildman
It's a god feeling to wrap up a project. Of course those of us in the KNOW already understand that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. There will always been something ELSE you will want to do or some High Speed Low Drag part that come onto the market that you'll just have to have.

Once the fires are out go take the Jeep for a nice trip in the woods. It will thank you in more ways than one.

I like the plates TRL PLZ

U use a hook for a front recovery?

Probably never need recover

TRE Beer coozy, Yay!

Does Savvy make the hoop?

I like the plates TRL PLZ

U use a hook for a front recovery?

Probably never need recover

TRE Beer coozy, Yay!

Does Savvy make the hoop?
The savvy kit came with the hook. I believe @Jerry Bransford has a non-hook version but if I recall correctly he said it was discontinued. The hoop, hook, light bracket, and corner guards are all savvy accessories for the bumper.

The savvy kit came with the hook. I believe @Jerry Bransford has a non-hook version but if I recall correctly he said it was discontinued. The hoop, hook, light bracket, and corner guards are all savvy accessories for the bumper.
Are the corner guards recommended because it's an Aluminum bumper? Need reinforcement?

Reactions: Alex01
Are the corner guards recommended because it's an Aluminum bumper? Need reinforcement?
"... bumper deflector(s) are the ultimate in strength for the wheeler that uses our bumpers in the rocks. These protect the bumper from folding a corner when hit real hard." - Savvy

They also look cool. ;)

Reactions: JMT
Yes and no. Aluminum in the high strength tempers like 6061 T-6 revert back to no tempered condition or -0 when they are welded. You can build fixtures to get them heat treated at great expense or you can understand how aluminum works and solve the problem in another way. In this case, the corners get tagged on rocks and either break the weld or break the aluminum next to the weld.

This is also not a unique issue related to aluminum bumpers.

1600274628382.png