Alignment issues after added parts

TJBritt

Long time listener first time caller.

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 L6
Automatic Trans
165k miles

Added 2.5" Rough Country Spring/Shocks lift. Front and rear

31" BFG TA KO2

Added new stock size Front sway bar links before lift.

Lower transfer case, solved drive line vibrations completely.

Added front and rear track bar relocation brackets then re-centered my steering wheel.

Now, the jeep was driving decent before I added the front track bar relocating bracket but now it feels like it drifts, and anything over 40-50mph gets pretty scary.

I got a front end alignment today from a very reliable friend who runs a Gateway tire.

Not sure what else to do, Im still using stock control arms Front and rear.

I depend on my baby for work and play so i need to figure this out quick

PLEASE HELP!

Can you include picture of the front track bar bracket? 2.5 inches really doesn't require a bracket. My concern is that you've changed the geometry with the bracket, and now your track bar doesn't travel in the same plane as the drag link, causing bump steer

Can you include picture of the front track bar bracket? 2.5 inches really doesn't require a bracket. My concern is that you've changed the geometry with the bracket, and now your track bar doesn't travel in the same plane as the drag link, causing bump steer

I will get a picture asap, and the jeep really got bouncy when i installed that front bracket. Ill post a picture in a few min. Thank you for your quick reply!

15362335855552030861102.jpg

1536233644519-1903459473.jpg

We need to see a photo of the track bar where it attaches to the frame. All I can see in these photos is where it attaches to the axle.

Given that you had it aligned after the lift install, it shouldn't be doing what you describe (unless the person aligning it didn't actually do it right, which is also possible).

I don't see a dropped pitman arm, so that's good at least.

Reactions: TJBritt
Ditch the bracket in front. The issue is it lowers the tb which changes the geometry. You now also have two points of contact to deal with. At that height you can likely run the stock tb and be a tad off center, which is not an issue. Or get an adjustable tb.

I'd ditch the bracket. Its throwing the trackbar out of alignment with the draglink. Start there anyway. Always good to start with the last thing that was changed when the performance deteriorated.

Reactions: TJBritt