Alive Day

Here's a video of the machine gun (M240B) that shot me.

The M240 is 49 inches in length with a barrel length of 24.7 inches. The rate of fire is 650-950 rpm with a muzzle velocity of 2,970 feet per second.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...gcHLyZZ8X4fcPhf2d-HpNo-FoQfrU12oJY_A-0qqv3obg

EDIT: It's 32 days until the day I was shot and as always happens around this time of year shit just starts to bother me.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is 18 years since I was shot while serving in Iraq. It's been a better than usual year for me since I've done pretty good this year.
I couldn't sleep last night so took the day off from working on the Jeep and have just been trying to relax.

We'll see how tonight and tomorrow goes and then the rest of the month. I know some will say that I should be happy/glad I'm alive & I am but am also dealing with the fact I was shot, and it was a stupid mistake.

Have a great Halloween and the rest of the Holiday Season.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is 19 years since I was shot while serving in Iraq. It's been a better than usual year for me since I've done pretty good this year.
I couldn't sleep last night so took the day off from working on the Jeep and have just been trying to relax.

We'll see how tonight and tomorrow goes and then the rest of the month. I know some will say that I should be happy/glad I'm alive & I am but am also dealing with the fact I was shot, and it was a stupid mistake.

Have a great Halloween and the rest of the Holiday Season.

Hope all is well for you on this day, my friend. Glad to have the opportunity to get to know you a bit (even your twisted sense of humor!) ;) 🇺🇸

• USA Proud
Reactions: Wildman and sab
Thought I had MORE pictures from that day but couldn't find any others. Sitting with me is one of my soldiers Sgt Alwin Hindman who was a good friend while in Iraq. I'm pretty stoned out of my mind at this point. This was around 1-2PM and I'd been shot at 6AM. I'd had 3 surgeries by this point and wouldn't be transported out of Iraq until midnight. They had to wait to make sure that the vein graft had taken since if it broke while on the flight to Germany I'd have died.

19 Oct 2004.jpg

HAD Brother!!!! Enjoy the holidays, we are enjoying you being here!!!! Dont know if you knew or were treated by him being on the left coast.. but Steve Springer retired recently....cheers!!!

Reactions: Wildman
HAD Brother!!!! Enjoy the holidays, we are enjoying you being here!!!! Dont know if you knew or were treated by him being on the left coast.. but Steve Springer retired recently....cheers!!!

I'm not familiar with that name. I was only at Walter Reed for 10 days before they transferred me to Madigan at Ft Lewis.

Because I was staying with my sister during recovery I was treated by a civilian PT. He was great and did a good job on rehabbing my leg.

Reactions: mastergunnera8
Well another year has passed and I'm still kicking. I'm in Omaha, NE right now with my sister and BIL to celebrate his sister's 70th birthday.
Been a lot better this year than other years. Might be because in with friends & family.
Might have to throw a big party next year for my 20th anniversary.

I'm in Omaha, NE right now with my sister and BIL to celebrate his sister's 70th birthday.
Been a lot better this year than other years. Might be because in with friends & family.
Might have to throw a big party next year for my 20th anniversary.

I'm glad you're having good times, Wildman! You certainly paid a heavy price for our freedom - you are appreciated, my friend! 🇺🇲 🙏

Well another year has passed and I'm still kicking.

I see what you did there! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you're having good times, Wildman! You certainly paid a heavy price for our freedom - you are appreciated, my friend! 🇺🇲 🙏

I see what you did there! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks. It's appreciated.

Yes I did slip in a little pun...

Reactions: Squatch
Going to stay at my sister's home with her family 19 years ago. Had the plate put in my leg on 4 Nov 2004. No weight bearing on my right leg for 6 months.

1700166930918.png

Good thing my sister had a full size rig.

1700166952951.png

Disliked this machine... It would flex my knee and I had to use it 30 minutes 4 times a day.

1700167040115.png

19 years ago today doing physical therapy. Those scars on my legs were really bright and you could see them well. Back when I still had two legs. I'll credit the Army with doing everything that they could to save my leg and I'm very glad that they did. My only regret is that I wasn't able to convince the VA to amputate my leg sooner. If I'd had my amputation say on 2007 or 2008 I wouldn't have had as many health issues that I have had.

1703091552809.png

Figured everyone might enjoy a laugh today... I was feeling no pain as they were getting ready to do a bone graft off my right hip to add bone marrow into my leg.

1705533878502.png

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
Thanks for sharing,

I found out about alive days when my coworker had a heart attack at 45 years of age.

Hats off to you for 28 years of service!!

I dreaded every day over 20 I did. My unit and I didnt exist efficiently together at that time.

Reactions: Wildman