All AMC picture of the year

They turned out looking incredible, my friend. Love 'em! I'd say it was money well spent, especially considering what they were going on. (y)

Re the refinishing $$$, it's kind of minor when you think about it. I don't think you can buy a set of aluminum wheels for a new car for that amount. And you certainly can't buy a lot of the Jeep wheels that are now long gone. I know MOAB wheels are available, and they're good, and I think Ravines are but they cost more than having old ones refinished. If you have wheels that are undamaged other than scratches, pitting, etc. I think powder coating or the route I took for these is they way to go.

Reactions: Squatch
Re the refinishing $$$, it's kind of minor when you think about it. I don't think you can buy a set of aluminum wheels for a new car for that amount. And you certainly can't buy a lot of the Jeep wheels that are now long gone. I know MOAB wheels are available, and they're good, and I think Ravines are but they cost more than having old ones refinished. If you have wheels that are undamaged other than scratches, pitting, etc. I think powder coating or the route I took for these is they way to go.

My Ravines are starting to bubble around the center caps... about time to have them stripped and powdered...

My Ravines are starting to bubble around the center caps... about time to have them stripped and powdered...

I had 5 MOAB wheels powdered coated last year. I had several to chose from and the shop I went to told me to bring in the worst ones I had (short of being damaged) because they could refinish them no matter what. He was right, they turned out perfect. The cost was $100 CDN ea. (about $75 US).

Reactions: Squatch