All around Jeep

N_CARRERA_

TJ Enthusiast
I bought this 02 Patriot blue sport with 90k miles on it 32rh auto trans the California jeep market is something else. The jeep was pretty much stock aside from a lift of some sort and some small tires over the course of covid ive tried to build a capable jeep without compromising on the drivability of the jeep i use it to offroad as well as go to class and surfing and mountain biking. its a mild build was a dual top but decided to just keep the hardtop only. but the first thing that needed to be addressed was the big fender flares and the faded hardtop.

IMG-2311.jpg

IMG-2318.jpg

IMG-2349.jpg

IMG-2353.jpg

the next step was making the jeep not look like a grandma drove it i decided to try the cooper mt evo 33x12.5x15 there aggressive but not so big that i have to regear right away and a set of cheap steelies then i trimmed the giant fender flares painted them then chopped the front bumper to make it look stubby.

61654253776--599827B3-DA62-4DB6-838D-425C10BD03F8.JPG

IMG-2458.jpg

the most recent things ive done was install some warn rocksliders and got the thule bike rack both seem like good products

so thats pretty much my build but i would like to know if someone has taken the rear seat and built a simple storage system in the back of the car ive been interested and i could design and fab something up but I would like to see some other designs

Thats a nice jeep and the design is great on the storage system do u have a link to the fridge and some measurements, may have to switch it around since the passenger side is on the right for me thanks for the help its very appreciated.
Thanks man, yeah the fridge is only a tiny 20 litre fridge but it does the job for me with the limited space in a TJ. It's a Dometic TC21 thermoelectric fridge, here's a link to the slightly newer TCX21 which is just a very slightly updated version and the exact same size/shape.

https://www.dometic.com/en-au/au/pr...s-and-coolers/dometic-coolpro-tcx-21-_-205255

Thanks man, yeah the fridge is only a tiny 20 litre fridge but it does the job for me with the limited space in a TJ. It's a Dometic TC21 thermoelectric fridge, here's a link to the slightly newer TCX21 which is just a very slightly updated version and the exact same size/shape.

https://www.dometic.com/en-au/au/pr...s-and-coolers/dometic-coolpro-tcx-21-_-205255
I appreciate the link the fridge may be small but im a highschool student and that fits into my budget i cant spend 1000 bucks on just the fridge. how did you wire up the fridge ? and does it have a cutoff

my next upgrades besides the storage system would be a ford 8.8 but i was intrested to know if you could run the currie antirock sway bar pivot with the ford axle

I appreciate the link the fridge may be small but im a highschool student and that fits into my budget i cant spend 1000 bucks on just the fridge. how did you wire up the fridge ? and does it have a cutoff
Just gotta learn to live with the small fridge space, I can make it work for a 5-6 day trip no problems. You can power it with 220/240v or 12v, I wired it up 12v straight to my second battery. Not actually sure if it has a cut-off, i haven't had to worry with my dual battery I can leave it running for 4+ days full power and it's fine.

I have never disconnected my rear sway bar off-road. The factory rear sway bar is pretty small and allows for a decent amount of flex while connected.

I have never disconnected my rear sway bar off-road. The factory rear sway bar is pretty small and allows for a decent amount of flex while connected.
Thanks I appreciate the advice now i know that I dont need both anti rocks that'll be a big savings , nice sahara also it looks great

Reactions: TWiG01
alright the last thing I need to know is how cheaply can the ford 8.8 swap be done my father is a professional welder and very good at fab and we have the consumables for welding at fab but well probably need the mount kits and such also im hoping the axles wont be rusted since thats not really a problem where I Live. @Chris @Jerry Bransford

I don't think you will find much love for the 8.8 rear here. If it is a Dana 35 maybe upgrade to the super 35 kit and a locker.
I would like to run 35s and not have to worry about blowing up my rear ever is the super 35 kit worth the money or should I just swap in a 44