Alloy wheel weight wear!

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
Can it be cleaned up?
Ecco wheels silver and graphite PO had mass weights on the outside and new tires being fitted have left weight marks on the silver outside rims.
Too deep of alloy "Verdigris"? for alloy polish buy hand, any ideas?

Cheers

Can it be cleaned up?
Ecco wheels silver and graphite PO had mass weights on the outside and new tires being fitted have left weight marks on the silver outside rims.
Too deep of alloy "Verdigris"? for alloy polish buy hand, any ideas?

Cheers
Pics would help. But you may can polish it out. It would be worth a try, IMO.

I thought they were alloy but seems like rust after I used Autosol alloy polish.
magnet doesn't stick anyway they are pretty bad and didnt notice any marks before new tires were fitted, this is the worst one I think they are stuffed. :(

ecco.jpg

I thought they were alloy but seems like rust after I used Autosol alloy polish.
magnet doesn't stick anyway they are pretty bad and didnt notice any marks before new tires were fitted, this is the worst one I think they are stuffed. :(

View attachment 258645
They could be sanded and saved. I think some light sanding would knock it all down. You would need to paint them but it would be worth it imo.

Looks like someone needs new wheels now, to go with the tires and lift. ;)
Any excuse! Wife is fine with it because she couldn't give a rats ass about Boy Toys, just need to convince myself since I just wasted $900au on 29,s well 28,s and a few upper fractions my metric tape cant read :)

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman