Allstar424’s 2002 Jeep Wrangler “Apex Edition”

Allstar424

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hello all! I have finally taken the time to join the Forum, can't believe it actually took me this long... I own a 2002 Jeep Tj Apex edition that I have cherished since I bought it in 2013. The build has taken me way longer than expected but it sure has been a great experience.

About a year after I bought the Jeep the motor stated to burn oil like there was no tomorrow. This ended up calling for a new 4.0 (ouch). About 6 months after that the tranny blew a line and drained all the fluid out on the freeway, thus cooking itself. So a new tranny was built. After that I noticed the dana 30 was bent and decided to get G2 dana 44's.

The Jeep is now lifted with a ProComp Stage-2 4" lift with 33" BFG KM2's and Method Race wheels. I finally got Fox shocks and am very pleased, but probably could have lived with something less expensive. I have a Smittybilt Hard top with a GoRhino roof rack, what an improvement over the soft top!

I wish I could get the Jeep out as much as I used to. It's now an every other weekend warrior and sometime a Friday rig to make the drive to work a bit more entertaining.

I will upload more photos later, I don't have many on my work computer.

Last edited:
Yes NICE jeep! Good for you to stick with it and now hopefully bring you many enjoyable excursions.

Reactions: Allstar424
Nice looking Jeep. I agree hardtops are nice, especially in winter. Since mine is just for goofing off in, I take the top off in the summer and put it back on in the fall. Exploring old roads in a lot of fun, isn’t it.

Sweet Ride, I'm always looking for Jeep TJ'S that can inspire my build. Your jeep is at the top of my list. I need to do a Front Bumper and Rocksliders next. I've eyeballed the Poison Spyder bumper many times but have had a hard time visualizing it on my jeep. Love the look of it on your jeep!!!

Sweet Ride, I'm always looking for Jeep TJ'S that can inspire my build. Your jeep is at the top of my list. I need to do a Front Bumper and Rocksliders next. I've eyeballed the Poison Spyder bumper many times but have had a hard time visualizing it on my jeep. Love the look of it on your jeep!!!
Thank you very much! I highly recommend the Poison Spyder Rock Brawler bumper, it is solid and very well built. It has survived trail runs and several recoveries without any issues. The sliders have been a godsend with some of the trails around here. They have handled everything so far! And the added step to get in is helpful as well.

Reactions: Steven Preyer
I'm guessing by your pictures those KM2's are 35's??? I couldn't find where you state the size. I'm really hoping to stay happy with my 33's for a while or the wife will kill me.

Man TJ's wear 33'S so nice. That makes me so happy, I debated for so long between 33 or 35. I totally dig the look of 33's on my jeep (and yours) but you know how it goes when you see something you like on someone else's rig.

I agree, the 33's look great! I'm liking the looks of the factory flares on yours. my stock flares were trashed so I picked up the pocket style flares for cheap. I have been kicking around the idea of tube fenders for awhile.

Oh I absolutely understand, when I see something I like on another Jeep I can't stop thinking about it and end up doing way too much research on it lol.

Reactions: Steven Preyer