Am I a bad guy if I don't participate in the Jeep wave?

Honest question. Is the duck thing new? I was out of the game for a couple or 3 years when I sold my 2000. Never heard of or saw a duck from 1996 to 2019 or whatever it was.

Women have been doing it around here for at least a couple years.

They put their email or club facebook pages on tags so you go to their sites and thank them for ducking you.

Who has the time to buy and label ducks to hand out?

I wave, but sometimes not at newer Jeeps, full of kids around school, or if I'm in traffic.

I hear people in Jeep Cherokees complaign nobody waves. But 90 % of those are standard SUV owners.

I accidentally waved at a Bronco, but quickly put down the index finger so I retracted the Jeep wave.

There are so many 4 door Jeeps around here, it's hard to wave at everyone and drive. So it really depends on the Jeep. Older lifted CJs, TJs, and some obviously used JK, JLs sure.

You must wave or

Mr.jpg

I usually wave when I'm driving my TJ and make an effort to remember when I'm driving the JKU. Half the jeep owners around here don't wave, regardless of what model they drive, the other half I have to wonder if they're just waving because that's what small town communities do. I definitely get more waves from other Jeeps while driving the TJ than I do the JKU.

I wave to other TJ's with doors off guys like myself....We have the only real Jeeps in my mind. Some little four year old girl came up to me over the weekend with her mom, and gave me a duck. These local Jeep moms are into it. Cute little purple duck. Sarasota is well off, and all these moms must compete for best jeep status. I wonder how they like it when the tick starts, then the motor blows.

Reactions: reddvltj
I have days I forget or just don't feel like it. There's so many jeeps around here it gets annoying waving at every other vehicle.
But, I mostly give a wave to lifted shit box cherokees, wranglers, Comanche, even low rider/stanced JKs. I feel the warriors are more deserved,

Reactions: RINC
No Jeep wave here. If it looks like you have a nice Jeep I give a normal wave. Ducks?? You guys are girls!!! :ROFLMAO: :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
There are so many JKs, Jls, and now JTs in my area that I've kind of given up. The exception is for anything TJ and back. On the positive side, CJs now wave at my LJ or TJ. For a long time, the TJ was the JK to CJ owners. Follow that? o_O

I use the same method I have my entire life. If someone waves to me I wave back in kind. Whether I am walking out to check the mail or driving my Jeep. It doesn’t matter to me if they are driving a ducked out JK/JL or a moped…

It doesn’t matter to me if they are driving a ducked out JK/JL or a moped…

I mostly joke about the ducks. But of those I've seen, that's a very overland focused build with the RTT and all sorts of stuff mounted all over. I like the minimal rock crawler types that have everything you need and nothing you don't.

200.gif

To preface the answer to the OPs question, I will give a wave to people I pass on the trail no matter what they are driving. Because we are all there for the same reasons.

But I absolutely will not wave back on the street when given the jeep wave. I just cant.

My entire wheeling life I have been treated like garbage on the trail by jeep snobs when driving things other than a jeep. But now that Im driving a jeep we are somehow jeep bros :unsure::D?

Nope 🙃

I mostly joke about the ducks. But of those I've seen, that's a very overland focused build with the RTT and all sorts of stuff mounted all over. I like the minimal rock crawler types that have everything you need and nothing you don't.

View attachment 347642

I can’t stand the ducks. I don’t ever touch another’s Jeep and expect the same courtesy. There are just so many around anymore that I can’t seem to get away from the silly trend…

Especially when it’s a couple children and I can hear them telling their parent how awesome the Jeeps are. Then I just let it go. I remember exactly how it was looking at the cool vehicles as a younger person. A lot of people will never be able to build what we do…

As far as rock crawlers versus overlanding rigs. I like them all. In Ohio sometimes all we can do it go for a little road-trip. Not a lot of places under the Great Lakes to go off-road unless you’re at least 3 hours away from home…

Reactions: RINC