American Racing Headers Long Tube Headers for the Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0

Would you mind taking pictures of these angles?

IMG_20190709_190302.jpg

IMG_20190709_190141.jpg

Reactions: Powdermonkey
Good to see they’re in production. Hopefully with the pic around the oil pan we can get a better idea of the chance of it fitting.

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer about your washer.

Reactions: abdubitar1000
But wouldn't it look great on your stroker? ;)

Even if it works, I'm on the fence since there's cheaper ways to get horse power at this point in my engine build.
Well It would, but I think I need a transmission that works so I can drive it first. I will probably stick with the 3 into 2 into 1 chicom header. From what I have read, the 3-2-1 may be just as good as a 6-1 header.

View attachment 103440

View attachment 103441
Good to see they’re in production. Hopefully with the pic around the oil pan we can get a better idea of the chance of it fitting.

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer about your washer.

View attachment 103440

View attachment 103441
I will once I install all together , and im really sorry to bother but do you know if i can use two grade 8 washers on the intake manifold bolts, the original bellville washer I lost one of them and dont know what to do as I cant find the exact same one anywhere. please much would be appreciated

I dont even know if the o2 sensors will reach .. who knows till tomorrow View attachment 103507
ow. ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS SUPPOSE TO connect LIKE THIS AND YOU USE A LONG BOLT AND NUT TO HOLD IT? this oem muffler WALKER 21456. I dont think it is gonna work, maaybe im wrong ? im going to definitley call tomorrow to see what they say because it gonna work with the bolts pryed in

ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS SUPPOSE TO connect LIKE THIS AND YOU USE A LONG BOLT AND NUT TO HOLD IT? this oem muffler WALKER 21456. I dont think it is gonna work, maaybe im wrong ?
im going definitley calling tomorrow to see what they say, and im praying the o2 sensor will reach :(

No you shouldn't. Are the mating surfaces the same style flare?
@toximus I ended calling them spoke to "Sal" , telling me that i need to jest get new hardware and his own tip adding that I should apply red temp high rtv around the flange. Sal is a super great guy and knows his shit.
But anyways, I havent installed the muffler, however; I did finish doing the most annoying job ever ....I had to extended the two downstream o2 sensors which took sooo long as I clamped all 16 ends ....making sure everything is in ... I turned cranked it up sounds crazy as fuck without the muffler super loud!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was poping . I had to turn it off and wait till tomorrow for the hardware shop to open to get the correct bolts to attach the muffler. Here are the photos you were asking for .

IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3499.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^Fyi when i was installing the two lower pieces here i was holding up as close as possible to the transimmsion idk if thats correct ?? I just want it to run higher up ... should i re adjust it ? What do you guys think will it cause to over heat????? the transmisson possibly????

@toximus @Powdermonkey @Chris

IMG_3498.JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting
Thanks for those picture. Based on those, I don't think this could work for me. I wonder why they didn't put a tighter bend around the pan?

^^^^^^^^^^Fyi when i was installing the two lower pieces here i was holding up as close as possible to the transimmsion idk if thats correct ?? I just want it to run higher up ... should i re adjust it ? What do you guys think will it cause to over heat????? the transmisson possibly????

If it's touching, I would bring it back down.

Looks like you wouldn't want to run them on a rock crawler though. From the photos it looks like low hanging fruit but maybe it's an optical illusion.
I can retake better pics from a diffrent angle , although there is a gap .. it doesnt seem that low... although for rock crawling it would be tough say unless you have a higher lift. I only have a 2 inch lift

Thanks for those picture. Based on those, I don't think this could work for me. I wonder why they didn't put a tighter bend around the pan?
I'm pretty sure it could work .. if you maybe ask them ? they make a shit ton of headers and its like 3 pieces that third piece is only tubing its not anything special ... mine just has a cat maybe thats why

@toximus I ended calling them spoke to "Sal" , telling me that i need to jest get new hardware and his own tip adding that I should apply red temp high rtv around the flange. Sal is a super great guy and knows his shit.
But anyways, I havent installed the muffler, however; I did finish doing the most annoying job ever ....I had to extended the two downstream o2 sensors which took sooo long as I clamped all 16 ends ....making sure everything is in ... I turned cranked it up sounds crazy as fuck without the muffler super loud!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was poping . I had to turn it off and wait till tomorrow for the hardware shop to open to get the correct bolts to attach the muffler. Here are the photos you were asking for .

View attachment 103800

View attachment 103801

@toximus @Powdermonkey @Chris

View attachment 103803
Update on ARH : My engine is running stock internals , no forced induction or anything special and after driving with these headers around for just 200 miles the past weeks its made my TJ whole different vehicle , without a doubt it added horsepower a big noticeable diffrence, its almost like you opened up the butthole of the engine . When installing these they looked hella crazy the header section inside is a like fucking rocket and I know when they are tuned correctly they will perform waaaaaaaaaay more. Recently , I just added red rtv to all the lips of each connections and there are no air leaks anymore. The headers make a nice amount of tone like literally the right amount it sounds so nice even with an oem style muffler you can hear the gurggling when you are still. I can only imagnine how it would sound if its connected to a nicer exahust. @Chris was right they are some serious shit I can't wait to get a tune and some forced induction