American Racing Headers Long Tube Headers for the Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0

Seriously? In California? How are you going to get that approved by CARB?
Lolll given that I already don't pass smog, it really won't be an issue passing it then... there are ways around the stupid CARB laws you just have to find them. I just did my "smog" for cash $250 dollars I know that's a shit ton instead of paying like $60...

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
This thread is worthless without pics

Last edited:
Lolll given that I already don't pass smog, it really won't be an issue passing it then... there are ways around the stupid CARB laws you just have to find them. I just did my "smog" for cash $250 dollars I know that's a shit ton instead of paying like $60...

I love having no inspection and only paying $70 for plate that's on a VIN number... Last time I registered a new car to the state they didn't even care the color or mileage. That said, I do try and keep my exhaust clean because there's no sense in breathing in that junk.

Reactions: EzPeezy
These look cheap... but have you heard anything good about them there's just no cat
Nope, dont know anything but cheap is good, I ran a $89 manifold for years, if it cracks, put on another one. I dont care about cats, more of a headache than I want with my stroker motor.

How long should it take? And why?
I didn't want to bother Nick lol because of my order, but the customer service representative "Lucy" called me back saying "its a longer build time for the 4.0 model, " meaning 4 weeks to build then another 4 days to ship.... I ordered it the beginning of June.

Nope, dont know anything but cheap is good, I ran a $89 manifold for years, if it cracks, put on another one. I dont care about cats, more of a headache than I want with my stroker motor.
Can you send link for the cheap headers... they look shitty but how cheap are they I feel stupid dropping 1500 for the whole system

I didn't want to bother Nick lol because of my order, but the customer service representative "Lucy" called me back saying "its a longer build time for the 4.0 model, " meaning 4 weeks to build then another 4 days to ship.... I ordered it the beginning of June.
Right, you seem upset, saying it’s, “bs.” Im just curious what YOU thought the turnaround time should be in your opinion?

Right, you seem upset, saying it’s, “bs.” Im just curious what YOU thought the turnaround time should be in your opinion?
It states on other sites 2 weeks for all their other product, I'm guessing they don't get any orders like this for the 4.0 that often well see when the times come what I paid for...

I take it this is your first time ordering truly custom Jeep parts... After enough times you won't blink at waiting 4 months for something to ship... I wish more companies stocked their inventory.

Reactions: loco1122
I take it this is your first time ordering truly custom Jeep parts... After enough times you won't blink at waiting 4 months for something to ship... I wish more companies stocked their inventory.

It's all about what you can afford to stock; for that kind of limited-production stuff, it's not worth keeping more than one or two sets around, if even that. I agree, though; a month turnaround for a custom piece is pretty fast. I wouldn't bitch about that, personally.

4,0 may get 2-4 orders per year, small block schebby or an LS will get 400

You can thank an MBA for the "just in time manufacturing"

So which is it? Super-low demand and the resulting limited production, or someone just enacting a manufacturing strategy because they think it's a good idea? I'm betting on the former; nobody wants to make a customer wait, but sometimes it's necessary.

• Love