American Racing Headers Long Tube Headers for the Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0

Probably a bit of both, with a limited number of orders, they may only tool up a couple of times a year for the 4.0 where the chevy stuff may roll off the line multiple times a day...just to keep up with the orders.

Probably a bit of both, with a limited number of orders, they may only tool up a couple of times a year for the 4.0 where the chevy stuff may roll off the line multiple times a day...just to keep up with the orders.

My day job focuses a lot on both semi-custom and full-custom production; what you just said about tooling up intermittently is exactly what we have to do in certain circumstances. Mostly, it happens when we know/suspect that we're going to have limited demand on a particular item, but we literally can't afford to gear up for that kind of work only when it is needed. Thus, we'll set up, make a few of whatever we need, and hope we get the count correct; sometimes we do, and sometimes we don't. Either way, on that kind of work we don't make near the same amount of profit as we do on the normal, everyday stuff... and in no case do we want a customer to wait. Thus, there's no strategy to it, past the basics of economics: we offer the product at the best price we can while still paying the bills and paying the workers, and we try to get it out as soon as we can. I would wager that most reputable small companies do exactly the same thing if they care about being in business for very long.

Reactions: loco1122
I take it this is your first time ordering truly custom Jeep parts... After enough times you won't blink at waiting 4 months for something to ship... I wish more companies stocked their inventory.
[/QUOTE
you guys are right i guess then I'm being impatient, the only reason is that my of
I was referring to the jeep 2003 model, but thank you for the link. You guys are right I'm inexperienced and this is my first-time purchasing headers for a jeep. I need patience

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
My day job focuses a lot on both semi-custom and full-custom production; what you just said about tooling up intermittently is exactly what we have to do in certain circumstances. Mostly, it happens when we know/suspect that we're going to have limited demand on a particular item, but we literally can't afford to gear up for that kind of work only when it is needed. Thus, we'll set up, make a few of whatever we need, and hope we get the count correct; sometimes we do, and sometimes we don't. Either way, on that kind of work we don't make near the same amount of profit as we do on the normal, everyday stuff... and in no case do we want a customer to wait. Thus, there's no strategy to it, past the basics of economics: we offer the product at the best price we can while still paying the bills and paying the workers, and we try to get it out as soon as we can. I would wager that most reputable small companies do exactly the same thing if they care about being in business for very long.
you spending them checks on a bad boy lemme see him or her...? your ride

Has anyone priced custom headers?

After my dealings with ARH I’m guessing you’ll be waiting longer. I tried to take over @Chris order that never existed. Hope it works out for you!

After my dealings with ARH I’m guessing you’ll be waiting longer. I tried to take over @Chris order that never existed. Hope it works out for you!

Oh it existed, I just never heard a peep back from Nick (the owner). I guess it's a good thing I didn't pay upfront.

Charles (Magnum Power) knows a guy who builds custom headers. He mentioned custom headers are usually in the ballpark of $2500 or so.

Nick from ARH just dropped down the price from his headers like a week ago, I explained to him that it is kinda ridiculous it's a thousand dollars more than AFE power along with the value of even the stock engine, those are the only two competing companies who make long tubes for the 4.0 but from Golen's side the dude over the phone confirmed what Nick said they do make more power over the AFE ... 15more hp , additionally they have a lifetime warranty

Reactions: Chris
Nick from ARH just dropped down the price from his headers like a week ago, I explained to him that it is kinda ridiculous it's a thousand dollars more than AFE power along with the value of even the stock engine, those are the only two competing companies who make long tubes for the 4.0 but from Golen's side the dude over the phone confirmed what Nick said they do make more power over the AFE ... 15more hp , additionally they have a lifetime warranty
What was the bad experience?

Oh it existed, I just never heard a peep back from Nick (the owner). I guess it's a good thing I didn't pay upfront.

Charles (Magnum Power) knows a guy who builds custom headers. He mentioned custom headers are usually in the ballpark of $2500 or so.
If you recall I called them after you and I spoke. I was willing to wait but they sent me to RIPP who never called back.
If I ever get to this point I will probably just do custom. That way I know everything will work with the flex. Bad thing is doubt anyone else will off lifetime warranty.

I can see 10 horsepower on a stroker but not on a stock engine...just not enough flow in the heads to support that big of an increase by just an exhaust change.

I can see 10 horsepower on a stroker but not on a stock engine...just not enough flow in the heads to support that big of an increase by just an exhaust change.
That makes no sense if it adds 15hp on stock engine why would Golen engine lie and say it adds 30 hp to a base 4.6 stroker?

If you recall I called them after you and I spoke. I was willing to wait but they sent me to RIPP who never called back.
If I ever get to this point I will probably just do custom. That way I know everything will work with the flex. Bad thing is doubt anyone else will off lifetime warranty.

Interesting. I'm not sure why Nick dropped the ball. He was so enthusiastic about me testing them and he and I talked for hours on the phone a number of times.

Then he just sort of completely forgot about it and I never heard a word from him.

What's interesting is that ARH is very, very big in the Chevy, Mopar, and Ford scene in terms of headers. They have a stellar reputation for building very good quality headers.

Perhaps he just didn't want to take time away from their domestic stuff, which is obviously where they make most of their money. I know a lot of guys with Camaros and Corvettes running their full systems.

Trust me, they make big power, talk to Golen about it (I did).

The weakest point of the 4.0 (and any engine builder who knows them will tell you this) is the cylinder head and how poorly it flows. Once you open it up with some real headers (ones with the right size primaries and rotational sequence) and a tune, you can expect a very considerable amount of power. Note that I mention the tune, because in order to get the most out of the new headers, you'll want a tune that is optimized for them.

That makes no sense if it adds 15hp on stock engine why would Golen engine lie and say it adds 30 hp to a base 4.6 stroker?
30 horsepower would make my stroker have almost 280 horsepower...which would be15 more than I would expect it would actually be with a header.

Why is Nick building them for me than @Chris , is it because i paid stupid amount lol

It's because you paid. He was building them for me at a price I can't post because he wanted me to be the test dummy for them (so to speak).

I was enthusiastic about them, even did the dyno. Then nothing!
Like I said I hope it works out for you and gives others options.