American Racing Headers Long Tube Headers for the Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0

Wow, I just checked out the Golen website, $6500 for a friggin jeep engine? He maybe good but I will build my next stroker like I did the last one. I only paid $2500 for the last one, that is a lot for labor and some joe gibbs oil and a valve cover...

Reactions: Chris
I was enthusiastic about them, even did the dyno. Then nothing!
Like I said I hope it works out for you and gives others options.

I'm starting to wonder if they don't want to sell to somebody "known" on the forums. Like I said, I offered pictures to document fitment, and I'd run it in the most extreme terrain. Basically, if it'd break, I'd break it. I wonder if they want a soft entrance into the market so if they do start cracking they have a chance to fix them. For example if I had a set and they cracked or didn't fit right there'd be pictures of the issue online, and I'd possibly tell people not to buy them.

An inline 6 is a long block and a lot of companies aren't getting it right.

@toximus I was going to do the install and the dynos and Chris was going to do the write up. Although I didn’t tell them that. I really wanted their headers but after talking to the shop I use it’s probably better it didn’t happen.

This winter I hope to get the MP supercharger installed and will probably do custom headers.

Maybe if others have success I’ll give them a try. No doubt I don’t run as hard as you, Nor is my Jeep built as yours is.

Somebody ashamed of their lightbar?

I was so ashamed that I donated it to the United Way (dumpster).

I don't blame you, there's enough criticism when you post up a Jeep. It's either the best or the worst Jeep somebody's ever seen. There's no in between.

There are two main causes for me not posting pictures anymore. First, I got tired of it: I once authored a build thread on another forum that was massive in both its scope and entertainment value...and that was also totally pointless. That led to the second cause: I realized that my Jeep isn't instructional or even remotely interesting in any relevant way. What I build and what I do with it has little - if anything - to do with anyone else's pursuits, goals or practices; it's a rig with 35's and some tube fenders and a suspension. There's literally one part of it that's custom enough to warrant attention, and when people learn exactly how difficult and expensive that piece is to build, they immediately lose all interest. So...no more wasting my time with online pictures of a TJ that looks and acts like dozens of other TJs out there; when I start into rebuilding my '51, I may post some coverage on a relevant forum, but that's simply because I may do an engine swap that hasn't been well-documented (or even done, heretofore) so that information would be relevant and worth posting. Aside from that, I'm keeping my secret trove of Factor 55 products to myself; I bet you didn't know that I bought a ProLink in every single color that they offer.

I was so ashamed that I donated it to the United Way (dumpster).

There are two main causes for me not posting pictures anymore. First, I got tired of it: I once authored a build thread on another forum that was massive in both its scope and entertainment value...and that was also totally pointless. That led to the second cause: I realized that my Jeep isn't instructional or even remotely interesting in any relevant way. What I build and what I do with it has little - if anything - to do with anyone else's pursuits, goals or practices; it's a rig with 35's and some tube fenders and a suspension. There's literally one part of it that's custom enough to warrant attention, and when people learn exactly how difficult and expensive that piece is to build, they immediately lose all interest. So...no more wasting my time with online pictures of a TJ that looks and acts like dozens of other TJs out there; when I start into rebuilding my '51, I may post some coverage on a relevant forum, but that's simply because I may do an engine swap that hasn't been well-documented (or even done, heretofore) so that information would be relevant and worth posting. Aside from that, I'm keeping my secret trove of Factor 55 products to myself; I bet you didn't know that I bought a ProLink in every single color that they offer.

What’s the one custom piece you referred to? Just curious is all.

I am getting them this week hopefully, wait so you're saying they don't work? @Sapper or PowderMonkey just said that he got them and did dyno!!!! and its all bullshit??

Of course they work. Call up Golen as I've mentioned so many times throughout this thread already.

Golen uses them, as do some others if I remember correctly.

American Racing Headers doesn't build crap. Browse around any of the Mopar, Chevy, or Mustang forums and you'll see people rave about how good their headers are and the power they make.

My thought (and I think I am right about this) is that they just don't have much interest in the Jeep community, as that's a very, very small niche of a segment compared to the American muscle scene, where people are buying headers likely every day.

Still, I'd run them on a TJ in a heartbeat.

Of course they work. Call up Golen as I've mentioned so many times throughout this thread already.

Golen uses them, as do some others if I remember correctly.

American Racing Headers doesn't build crap. Browse around any of the Mopar, Chevy, or Mustang forums and you'll see people rave about how good their headers are and the power they make.

My thought (and I think I am right about this) is that they just don't have much interest in the Jeep community, as that's a very, very small niche of a segment compared to the American muscle scene, where people are buying headers likely every day.

Still, I'd run them on a TJ in a heartbeat.
I don't get why you said Nick dropped the ball didn't he call you on his personal cell phone just as he did with me? No more test dummy?? why not just be persistent and keep asking him. But anyways @toximus I asked Nick personally about the clearance of the oil pan and the header system, stating that " Btw there are others looking to purchase your product, however; there aren't many photos of your product out there to provide them with the information they need."
Nick replied with: There is plenty of room to the oil pan. Some want it higher for added ground clearance. The way it is, it is high but in the near future, we will make a modification if enough people request it. "
Additionally no gasket or bolts come with the headers...

Reactions: jonlandrum
Aside from the fact that I don't post them online anymore, I don't want to derail this thread any further
Not trying to derail either....but, I still get notifications on the bronco forums for what I did to my 96 bronco build 14 yrs ago, as well as notifications from truck builds, and TL1000R build from 20 yrs ago.

Damn...20 yrs!! Holy crap, that just hit me.

Anyway..point being, I'm nothing special. I know next to nothing, Just did something FOR ME that I liked. (Some of it, I didnt know I COULDN'T do it...but somehow did it anyway) And thought others may benefit. I don't have much of an ego to bruise, so if folks like it, great, if not...well; "bless their little hearts"

Long story short....I think you should share :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Travis and Chris
There is plenty of room to the oil pan. Some want it higher for added ground clearance. The way it is, it is high but in the near future, we will make a modification if enough people request it. "

Hopefully he comes back over here and explains. I'm not following.

Reactions: loco1122
I don't post pictures of my Jeeps anymore, but: yes, some of the paycheck definitely gets spent on them. Often, too much of the check, because I have poor impulse control.
If you don't post pics of your jeep folks will show up at ur house with pitchforks. It's mandatory.
Its a jeep forum we like jeep pics.🤙

If you don't post pics of your jeep folks will show up at ur house with pitchforks. It's mandatory.
Its a jeep forum we like jeep pics.🤙

Would you like to see pictures of my pitchfork collection?

On-topic: I'm not following the ground clearance thing, either.

Hopefully he comes back over here and explains. I'm not following.

QUESTION: I lost one of the intake manifold washers that mount the headers and the intake to the engine. There called bellville washers or something but is there any way i can just double stack it and do that instead of waiting like 4 weeks for washer like this

https://www.morris4x4center.com/omi...MIx4bF1PCo4wIVchh9Ch2hRg_oEAQYAiABEgJm5vD_BwE
please help i stopped eveyrthing because of this washer and I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE IN THE DEALER OR AUTO PART STORES... WILL I BE FINE WITH JUST USING TWO WASHERS I MEAN ALL OF THEM HAVE IT EXCEPT ONE .

UPDATE ALSO:I recieved the Long Tube Headers this morning, finished installing the header part still need to tighten everything down , I have work so i had to clean up and finish later . FYI the stock muffler wont fit to the rear idk what im gonna as i just bought a new oem one, but anyways I took a shit ton of pics and here they are
?hash=3daf3cff3a99ec66f82e9f9299b77e70.jpg

[/QUOTE]

IMG_3448.jpg

• Love
Reactions: jonlandrum