Jorge Bolivar

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Around a month ago I do pick a GM 10.5 AAM rear axle form a 1999 Silverado 2500 SRW for my LJ Built Project , its come with 4.11 Gear and G80 locker. I decide to post this on the Gear section to avoid the built thread been saturated and to have the information more segregated and concentrated by subjects.

I haven't found much of info about projects to be done with this axle, hope we can cover much info we can during this journey that can be helpful to the next out a mind persons that decide to go this route with their nice TJ.

AAM stands for American Axle Manufacturing
1050 stand for 10.5" ring gear diameter
14 Bolt stands for the amount of bolts that secure the cover to the housing.

The AAM 1050 14 Bolt is the new 14 bolt Corporate generation. Looks almost identical but it has it's differences. Still this differences are not a project stopping point.

AAM make two different versions of this 14 Bolt; 10.5" 14 bolt and 11.5' 14 bolt but the 10.5" is the only one that has the pinion support bearing as the Corporate does and since the internals are mostly the same it has tons of aftermarket support what make it less painful to deal with it. Also has to mention that AAM still support this axle aftermarket wise what helps even more to get the project done correctly.

Notable differences

1- Pinion support bearing.
2- Housing is plug weld to the tubes.
3- Dual piston rear disc brakes with shoe E-Brake.

Product Links

1- Parts Diagram
2- Master Bearing Kit

Few Pictures

References

I haven't found any info to reference here yet, soon i do I will edit the tread with it.

Project Parts

1- ARTEC Truss, this has been the only company that tell us the truss for the C 14 and the AAM are different.
2- Shave Kit
3- Pinion guard

Will continue to add info, pictures, links as I do have more organized info and time on my hands.
Questions and comments always welcome!!!

IMG_6254.JPG

Reactions: Daryl