Ammo box kitchen

EugeneJeep

IMG_20190516_161205_184.jpg

I'm getting close to finishing this up and thought should share. I'm going to hard line the propane feed through an tubular burner stand and make a fold down shelf/table on the tire swing to hold the propane and a Jerry can of water.

This drawer system is built in a US military mortar can that are made to stack horizontally. I plan to have the burner drawer on the bottom with two more cans with drawers stacked on top for storage of dry goods, pans, utensils, and whatever else is needed for extended trips. It was a very very tight fit but I'm extremely happy with how it turned out.

Backyard pasta weight test:
20190516_185814.jpg

Looks like you're the guy to go overlanding with! I'm impressed, that looks awesome.

Hey thanks Chris. And thank you for creating this invaluable resource for TJ owners. I've upgraded systems, replaced parts and troubleshooted all sorts of issues with the assistance of this forum. Cheers.

Oh dude, that looks the business....(y) Love how it can fold away small and compact....(huge plus for a TJ)

That looks awesome. Nice work. Was just looking for a small camp stove for an upcoming trip.

I think I’ll be retiring my trusty old Coleman stove. They’re always a very good cheap option. I was looking at the Camp Chef ‘Everest’ model a while back because of it’s high output. I think they were on sale at www.steepandcheap.com a while back for $60. Many people swear by the Parter Steel stoves. They cost a bit more but it seems as though they’ll last forever. Made in Idaho I believe. Here’s their compact version:
44951BC1-141D-418B-8FBF-96B7203AA25E.jpeg

I think I’ll be retiring my trusty old Coleman stove. They’re always a very good cheap option. I was looking at the Camp Chef ‘Everest’ model a while back because of it’s high output. I think they were on sale at www.steepandcheap.com a while back for $60. Many people swear by the Parter Steel stoves. They cost a bit more but it seems as though they’ll last forever. Made in Idaho I believe. Here’s their compact version:
View attachment 94305
I've bought lots of things From Steep and Cheep over the years, yeah I'll be buying a cheap option since it won't be used often