An unsmartphone for Zorba

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
@Zorba

1663157965269.png

https://skysedge.com/unsmartphones/RUSP/index.html

I am actually on her mailing list. I might buy one when she's actually in full-up production, just to annoy people with. I imagine the battery life isn't anywhere near as good as my Sonim (about 12 days). She's had all sorts of production problems with her basement assembly line, but she's starting to ship in dribbles and drabs. Its actually all the phone I need, but it wouldn't survive in the real world with me very long - almost smartphone fragile I would think - and "battery life". It probably gets great reception with that external antenna - something EVERY cell phone used to have and still should as far as I'm concerned.

I am actually on her mailing list. I might buy one when she's actually in full-up production, just to annoy people with. I imagine the battery life isn't anywhere near as good as my Sonim (about 12 days). She's had all sorts of production problems with her basement assembly line, but she's starting to ship in dribbles and drabs. Its actually all the phone I need, but it wouldn't survive in the real world with me very long - almost smartphone fragile I would think - and "battery life". It probably gets great reception with that external antenna - something EVERY cell phone used to have and still should as far as I'm concerned.

I consider the rotary part a gimmick but the simplicity is there in the rest of it.

I really miss my old Panasonic bag phone. No battery worries, fantastic reception, real handset, real buttons that were nice and BIG. Everything a cell phone should be, and nothing that it shouldn't. I'd still be using it today if the old analog cell system were still extant. Too bad nobody makes one that's 4G LTE.