and just like that

Paparock1

Angry SE
Supporting Member
Hello all, was a normal day driving to work here in L.A. (lower Alabama). Nice cool afternoon with the sun shining, Music cranked up, cruising back country roads, come to a stop sign. Clear both ways so I take off, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gearrrrrrinding bearing noise and violent vibration. 4th gear no problems, 5th gear no problems. down shift to 3rd gear, it will go into 3rd gear but letting the clutch out sounds like a bearing came apart. I continued to work about 10 more miles without using 3rd gear. Reverse works normally. Drove home after work last night, without using 3rd gear, no problems....

97 Jeep SE 2.5, AX5 trans, Dana 30/35, 4 inch lift, 31 inch Cooper AT3s, yes looks a little funny but the tires were brand new when I bought it.

I was told that I am stuck with the AX5 unless I want to do a complete Engine swap (which I will do eventually) but for now are there any options or routes I can go to build towards the engine swap? Or do I just fix what I have?

I have put 7000 miles on it since I bought it in May and I can see the front tires are wearing bad. Its not tow in issues but bad negative Camber issues. The top of the front tires lean towards each other. I need to figure out if the axle is bent or if the C knuckles themselves are bent but I am not sure where to find the specs and where to measure from. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

I may not post much on here but I do come almost daily to this forum. I am very appreciative for each one of you and your information you share. This is a great site with very little negative responses unless its about Jks or angry eyes LOL. Hope you all are having a great Christmas Season.
James

Reactions: MaloStapalo