AndyG's Period Correct 03 Rubicon

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Thunderhead asked me to get a pic on here...this TJ was built in 03-04 to my knowledge, and I wanted to keep the appearance true to those years.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thunderhead asked me to get a pic on here...this TJ was built in 03-04 to my knowledge, and I wanted to keep the appearance true to those years.

View attachment 91872
It's like the guy that keeps talking about his hot girlfriend but she never seems to show up with him.
@AndyG We might need to see the registration to prove ownership:oops:

(by the way...great looking rig)

Reactions: IPerkWVU and AndyG
It's like the guy that keeps talking about his hot girlfriend but she never seems to show up with him.
@AndyG We might need to see the registration to prove ownership:oops:

(by the way...great looking rig)

Thanks man !

I figured as much as I mess with people , you guys would come after me with torches and pitchforks if I didn't really have one . I thought I might need some "forum cred" 😁

I've enjoyed this one , it's got 35,500 miles , but you would be surprised the crap I had to sort out on it . Sitting does no good for a vehicle .

The forum has helped me a ton, and still does.

So maybe a couple thousand more posts then go nuts and put up an avatar?
Man who knows ! I could get completely carried away .

I actually have settled on an Avatar if I can get Chris to help me on it , it will be hilarious .

Ok, was thinking , and thought you guys might like to know a little more about it, it had an odd pedigree...

Was looking for a low mileage mint TJ , 13-15k and saw this , all set up (I thought ) for 20,500.00 , with 20,500 miles, so I figured since it was all set up , and a low mileage Rubicon, it was good move .

First , I didn’t realize it was basically a dedicated trail vehicle . It was wheeled , pressure washed likely , and parked inside ...and somewhere along the way someone dropped the hobby and she sat. Also , every u joint was toast ...I’m sure the pressure washing killed it . All the control arm bushings were dry rotted . It was unsafe to drive at highway speeds.

It had everything they could think of put on it.

Skid row steering gear box guard , radiator guard , oil pan guard , viaair on board air ,the kc lights , a big Warn winch that was rusted pretty bad but worked, cb, loudspeaker , jet module , k and n ( now stock) , tow hooks, all the bumpers , guards , full size spare , bead lock wheels, entry step guards, CD player with remote, fire extinguisher.

Nothing missing , everything works . Nothing cut up or molested .

I put all new spicers in, new unit bearings, new fluids , new tires , got a hardtop, Bartacts, led auxiliary back up lights on the bumper , a new lift , back up camera, soundproofing, 4:56 gears , a new winch , new soft top windows ( saved the old ones for the trail ), led overhead lights , heated seats, new track bar bushings and drag link end, a savvy cable and buffed the paint , ditched the big 6” flaires someone added for stock TJ flares , borgersen steering shaft ...new chromoly rear axles are next .

It drives great now , but took a while to dial it in .

Would I do it again...hard to say ...I underestimated the brand, type and condition of all the aftermarket parts , and had to spend quite a bit to get it to drive like I wanted , and still be off road ready .

Do I think it’s the ultimate rig? Lord no...but it’s taught me a lot and got me back to owning a Jeep , and it’s my first TJ .