Another “is my Jeep lifted” question

retlawblackhawk

Supporting Member
Bought this Jeep a couple months ago now and am still unsure whether it’s lifted or not.

I’ve had what I think is a reputable Jeep mechanic here in Atlanta tell me it’s not lifted, but thought it may have a leveling kit on it.

of the springs and comparing to the online charts I find here also indicate it’s not.

I can see some spacers and it has Old Man Emu shocks all around so something’s been done.

Here is a pic or two, has 31x10.5 tires.

Thanks!

AB784983-53DF-4298-8091-196203300B44.jpeg

C9CE3755-DBF9-475B-91B7-6CB6C89C92E6.jpeg

Thanks!

Is it worth doing a formal lift on it? I wouldn’t go big anyway and overall I’m very happy with the ride so I’m not inclined to mess with it unless there is a real reason to do so.

Could I go with 33’s as is? Planning on changing out the wheels next anyway so that would be my time to change tires as well.

It has spacers, if you want to know the lift height just measure the whole thing including the spacer, 12" in the front and 8" in the rear is stock. If you are happy with the ride there is no reason to change to a spring only lift. 33" tires are too much for a 2" lift if that's what you have.

Reactions: retlawblackhawk
It has spacers, if you want to know the lift height just measure the whole thing including the spacer, 12" in the front and 8" in the rear is stock. If you are happy with the ride there is no reason to change to a spring only lift. 33" tires are too much for a 2" lift if that's what you have.

measured 14 and 10 respectively so that‘s right on with 2”.

Reactions: pagrey
Thanks!

Is it worth doing a formal lift on it? I wouldn’t go big anyway and overall I’m very happy with the ride so I’m not inclined to mess with it unless there is a real reason to do so.

Could I go with 33’s as is? Planning on changing out the wheels next anyway so that would be my time to change tires as well.
No.. you will rub with 33s.. most people on here suggest 4” of lift to run 33s

Reactions: retlawblackhawk
So out of curiosity I went out and measured mine, I have just less than 13 front and a little over 9 rear. I have 2 inch spacers and 31’s. So my springs have sagged about an inch over there 260,000 miles? giving me effectively 1inch if lift?

If you don’t plan on wheeling very much, or at all, a 33x10.50 will fit just fine on your current setup. This was my TJ on 2” spring spacers and 33’s.
25CE1B33-3750-4B46-9F77-43A86DFD60BF.jpeg

Obviously the tires limit your articulation, but how bad was 33’s on 2 inches of lift, you have a BL to go with it?

I was touching the front fender in that picture, so not too much up-travel lost. No issues anywhere else though. Installed some washers to the steering stops to keep the tires off the control arms at full lock and a 1” bumpstop spacer up top. With the 5spd/4.0/3.73’s it still had decent power and rode close to stock. I always say it’s how I should have kept it(if I was building for actual needs instead of wants).

I was touching the front fender in that picture, so not too much up-travel lost. No issues anywhere else though. Installed some washers to the steering stops to keep the tires off the control arms at full lock and a 1” bumpstop spacer up top. With the 5spd/4.0/3.73’s it still had decent power and rode close to stock. I always say it’s how I should have kept it(if I was building for actual needs instead of wants).
hmm, my tires are going and i can't decide whether to get 33's (the end tire i want) or 31's , the tires im on.