Another article on the Mahindra Roxor

You're right, diesel is higher priced than gasoline, however it is much cheaper to produce than gasoline. Because almost all diesel fuel is used in commercial vehicles it is taxed at a much higher rate and provides much higher margins to the producer just due to the fact that trains and semi-trucks need to move to keep our economy moving and they can charge a premium.

It is ingrained in our society that gasoline it the only way to get performance, but with turbo and twin turbo diesel engines they are very capable outside of the performance realm.

Pollution is another topic all together. There is article after article that diesel burning is less harmful than gasoline burning, but there are also many articles on the other side as well. My take would be if we spent the anti-pollution resources on diesel that we did on gasoline there may be no debate. It also helps that diesel contains more energy per gallon of fuel than gasoline that generally resulting in higher fuel economy.

Nut all this really makes no difference since electric is taking over and soon no liquid fuel vehicles will be sold anyway.

You're right, diesel is higher priced than gasoline, however it is much cheaper to produce than gasoline. Because almost all diesel fuel is used in commercial vehicles it is taxed at a much higher rate and provides much higher margins to the producer just due to the fact that trains and semi-trucks need to move to keep our economy moving and they can charge a premium.

Which again points to something other than the producers stopping the wide spread acceptance of diesel vehicles.

It is ingrained in our society that gasoline it the only way to get performance, but with turbo and twin turbo diesel engines they are very capable outside of the performance realm.

Yes, we know that. The issue isn't what can be done, the issue is what is most common in other countries and why that doesn't fly here.

Pollution is another topic all together. There is article after article that diesel burning is less harmful than gasoline burning, but there are also many articles on the other side as well. My take would be if we spent the anti-pollution resources on diesel that we did on gasoline there may be no debate.
All I know about pollution is I am glad they do things to mitigate it and I'm sad they do them the way they do.

It also helps that diesel contains more energy per gallon of fuel than gasoline that generally resulting in higher fuel economy.

It's a bit of a mind bender to understand that a vehicle that makes 10,000 hp and runs the 1/4 mile in about 4 seconds does so with a fuel with a GGE factor of 43%. It takes over 2 gallons of nitromethane to have the same BTU content as a single gallon of gasoline and Top Fuel dragsters haul ass with it.

Nut all this really makes no difference since electric is taking over and soon no liquid fuel vehicles will be sold anyway.

They have a very long way to go before electric becomes mainstream. They don't have the range, the battery technology, the infrastructure, or enough raw lithium now to take over so until they get a few more problems solved, we'll keep burning dead dinosaurs.

Reactions: JMT
They are great off road/Hunting vehicles. I had one that I used for off roading and Hunting and sold it. Not long after I sold it, I was sorry I did. 2 years ago, I bought another one, fixed it up some (power steering, 31" tires, 15" x8" wheels, fold down windshield, lower gears, rear locker) how I wanted and promised myself I would never sell this one. With being 64" wide, it gets around the mountain trails great. Same width as my friend's brand new Turbo Rzr. His cost about $20,000, mine cost $3,500 before I fixed it up. Mine can go on the road and his can't. Mine came with a top and full doors and a heater, (which I take the top and doors off in the spring) his didn't. He can go really fast, I can't.

Side by sides are street legal in Arizona. When I was in lake havasu city over Presidents’ Day week I saw them everywhere on the road. You just need to add a couple of things (like side mirrors). Totally cool.

Side by sides are street legal in Arizona. When I was in lake havasu city over Presidents’ Day week I saw them everywhere on the road. You just need to add a couple of things (like side mirrors). Totally cool.
we will make it "legal" in Texas !

:2guns:———.......———-:dance1:
Mahindra+Jeep+4x4_CLASSIC-150930154226411.jpg

Last edited:
Several States do allow you to make a side by side street legal....California is not one of them. When in Moab a lot of street legal side by sides there.

I don't know man, I kind of like it on 4.0L diesel.
1. I will upgrade the roll bars
2. Change the front bumper
3. Replace the bar light
4. Add a rock slider
6. Thinner Wheels
7. Roof basket
8. Tube doors
9. CB Radio
10. Antenna
11. Trailer
12. ???

Done!!!!

How in the world
did you step the
post down on
every single
number ?
did you
mean
to do
it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cjaama, JMT and TJ2
...They have a very long way to go before electric becomes mainstream. They don't have the range, the battery technology, the infrastructure, or enough raw lithium now to take over so until they get a few more problems solved, we'll keep burning dead dinosaurs.

We'll see. Many countries (and California) have already set drop-dead dates for all electric vehicle new car sales. I do believe that these dates will be extended, but we are on our way for sure.

Reactions: cjaama
We'll see. Many countries (and California) have already set drop-dead dates for all electric vehicle new car sales. I do believe that these dates will be extended, but we are on our way for sure.
I think it has to do with finding a battery source that's better and less expensive than lithium. Although it's leaps and bounds ahead of lead acid, it's not nearly as cheap or powerful as gasoline. That and when you account for all the things we want from our cars on top of just driving, it's too much for pure electric cars right now.
It may be that culturally we'll have to move away from being car-centric to see electric transport country wide.

I didn't mean to imply that we aren't on our way. It's just going to take a lot longer to be full electric than anyone believes. If they stopped anything but electric car sales tomorrow it would still be probably 20 years before mainstream use of the IC engines goes mostly away.
#1- Poor folks drive cars too. They can't afford a new electric, and likely not even a decent used one unless insurance companies start rolling battery replacement into their policies.
#2- Electric cars don't yet have the range needed for the Western states with long distances between cities and that will also likely be the last place companies who are forced to build infrastructure will get it done.
#3-Battery technology isn't there yet. It's better than it has ever been but still poor at best.
#4-Regardless of any government mandate, the price still has to come down. I realize economies of scale will come into play as they build and sell more but look at the issues Tesla has had trying to get it's lower price version to market. If Elon is struggling with it, the rest will really struggle.
#5-Even with a mandate, there will be a large contingent of the population that just won't accept the new technology and that will slow down full adoption.

Reactions: CodaMan
I didn't mean to imply that we aren't on our way. It's just going to take a lot longer to be full electric than anyone believes. If they stopped anything but electric car sales tomorrow it would still be probably 20 years before mainstream use of the IC engines goes mostly away.
#1- Poor folks drive cars too. They can't afford a new electric, and likely not even a decent used one unless insurance companies start rolling battery replacement into their policies.
#2- Electric cars don't yet have the range needed for the Western states with long distances between cities and that will also likely be the last place companies who are forced to build infrastructure will get it done.
#3-Battery technology isn't there yet. It's better than it has ever been but still poor at best.
#4-Regardless of any government mandate, the price still has to come down. I realize economies of scale will come into play as they build and sell more but look at the issues Tesla has had trying to get it's lower price version to market. If Elon is struggling with it, the rest will really struggle.
#5-Even with a mandate, there will be a large contingent of the population that just won't accept the new technology and that will slow down full adoption.

Totally agree

The truth is; investors (billionaires and the "Rockefellers" of the world) already are invested too deep into the Oil & Gas business in which controls the global market in any way shape or form.

They will not just give that up for the sake of ordinary people's concerns, and so, they have lobbyist(s) inside and out of our policy makers, in which, are in their pockets, at their disposal.

That will take at least three generations (or more) to change this concept. Not just the great US of A but the entire G7 that controls the global economy.