Another article on the Mahindra Roxor

CodaMan

California Escapee
Supporting Member
Built in the U.S.A at least. CLICK HERE for the article.

1520023040045.jpg

Reactions: TJ2 and Chris
You are right, but at least it has a turbo diesel in it, a concept other manufactures can't seem to grasp.

I agree. The United States has a real issue with diesel vehicles, whereas almost every other country in the world runs mostly diesel vehicles. This is something that’s irritated me for a long time, and probably many others as well.

Hell, in most countries you can even get a diesel Honda Civic!

I don't know man, I kind of like it on 4.0L diesel.
1. I will upgrade the roll bars
2. Change the front bumper
3. Replace the bar light
4. Add a rock slider
6. Thinner Wheels
7. Roof basket
8. Tube doors
9. CB Radio
10. Antenna
11. Trailer
12. ???

Done!!!!

I agree. The United States has a real issue with diesel vehicles, whereas almost every other country in the world runs mostly diesel vehicles. This is something that’s irritated me for a long time, and probably many others as well.

Hell, in most countries you can even get a diesel Honda Civic!

I know. I've been in close to 100 countries and it's amazing to see just how many diesel vehicles are on the road ... and 2-stroke vehicles as well.

We should get our crap together here, but the oil companies don't want diesel engines because diesel fuel is to easy to produce and their profit margins will go down.

Reactions: Chris
I read an article yesterday on this vehicle. If I had 40 acres or a farm I could see the use of having one of these instead of a Razor or Yamaha side by side. Hell, it could even be fun to trail ride one of these. Love the fact that it comes with a diesel, KO2s stock, and a respectable looking front bumper.

Reactions: JMT
I would think that in San Carlos you could get 40 acres or a farm pretty cheap hahahaha

Ha, I'd be retried if I owned 40 acres in San Carlos. When I was growing up in Michigan, we owned a cabin on 2 acres right on a lake. Across the driveway was tens of thousands of acres of logging land. They kept most of their land open to the public. We would get on our 4 wheelers, cross over the East shore road and ride all day. Follow old rail road grades and skidder trails from their logging operations. This was before side by sides were even around. If it weren't for the hard winters (and lack of employment), I would move back. Having a side by side where I could take my kids out exploring country would be awesome. My jeep is fun for them but there is something great about not having to drive to it. It was literally across the street. This is one of the reasons my parents have held onto the place for 33 years. My dad loves to bomb around in the woods exploring country and hunting.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and CodaMan
It looked interesting until I read the specs. Its longer and heavier then my Suzuki Samurai. My Samurai weights 2,200 lbs with no top and doors on and has tons of after market support (lower gears, lockers etc). I can drive my Samurai on the street. My Rzr weights a little over 1,000 lbs.

Put 31’s on it, trailer it and walla, there’s your perfect hunting and off-road rig.

It looked interesting until I read the specs. Its longer and heavier then my Suzuki Samurai. My Samurai weights 2,200 lbs with no top and doors on and has tons of after market support (lower gears, lockers etc). I can drive my Samurai on the street. My Rzr weights a little over 1,000 lbs.
Suzuki Samurai is my other non-TJ favorites. I never had one though :(

Even though they've been building willys since 1947, Jeeps not going to let them use the 7-slot grill in America. Cause licensing.
The arch contour of the hood is not matching with the placements of the sharp edge corner slots.
As if it is done in a backyard garage with bunch of drunken CJ owners having fun, who does not have tools to cut out good straight slots.

The arch contour of the hood is not matching with the placements of the sharp edge corner slots.
As if it is done in a backyard garage with bunch of drunken CJ owners having fun, who does not have tools to cut out good straight slots.
I agree, it looks terrible. I would bet that since it's basically a Thar that you could swap it out for that seven slot grill.

Suzuki Samurai is my other non-TJ favorites. I never had one though :(
They are great off road/Hunting vehicles. I had one that I used for off roading and Hunting and sold it. Not long after I sold it, I was sorry I did. 2 years ago, I bought another one, fixed it up some (power steering, 31" tires, 15" x8" wheels, fold down windshield, lower gears, rear locker) how I wanted and promised myself I would never sell this one. With being 64" wide, it gets around the mountain trails great. Same width as my friend's brand new Turbo Rzr. His cost about $20,000, mine cost $3,500 before I fixed it up. Mine can go on the road and his can't. Mine came with a top and full doors and a heater, (which I take the top and doors off in the spring) his didn't. He can go really fast, I can't.

Reactions: cjaama and TJ2
We should get our crap together here, but the oil companies don't want diesel engines because diesel fuel is to easy to produce and their profit margins will go down.
Not sure how you get there from here. Diesel historically is higher priced at the pump. If it is cheaper to produce, their profit margin is already higher than it is for gasoline. More vehicles using it would only make them more money. Not to mention, the vast majority of freight moves around the US via diesel fuel using semi-trucks. If you want to point fingers of blame someplace for narrow use of diesel engines in this country, I'm pretty sure it has to be somewhere besides the folks who stand to profit the most from their increased usage.

I'd start with our culture. Sure, the rest of the world runs a very high percentage of diesel engines. For the most part though, they are small, low horsepower, higher polluting engines and we want a diesel to perform like a gas motor. Gas motor performance is just too ingrained into how we want a vehicle to function and add the fact that the vast majority of diesels elsewhere get what little performance they have being in front of a manual transmission, it's a pretty tough row to hoe for carmakers to get them more universally accepted in our culture. We want high performance in front of an auto with very low emissions and lots of quiet. Yeah, hand that list to any car maker and see what they say.