Another bedliner thread

Malteser

TJ Enthusiast
Hi all,
I've looked through the threads re bedliner here and learned a lot, but I have a couple of questions for the hive mind.

Has anyone here completely bedliner the exterior of their jeep? Any tips on what you might have done differently etc?

Does bedlining the tub have much of an effect on road/tire noise?

Would bedliner make a decent underbody rustproofer, or is there something that's so much better there's no contest?

Cheers,
Derek

I did my tub and I don’t think it has much of an effect. I ended up putting the carpet back in. The carpet makes the inside feel a lot nicer.

Bedliner on the exterior is like a half step up from a spray paint camouflage paint job in my book. Makes you go awww, why did they do that?! If it is an offroad only beater then I would say go for it.

Bedliner inside is another one of the things that I wouldn’t do again if I had the choice. The floor pans still rusted through from underneath anyways. No real benefits over the quality paint that is there from the factory. Just pull the carpet and leave it as is if you want that aspect.

Now I’m going to have to wire wheel or sand all the bedliner off to replace the floor pans. :(

Bedliner inside is another one of the things that I wouldn’t do again if I had the choice. The floor pans still rusted through from underneath anyways. No real benefits over the quality paint that is there from the factory. Just pull the carpet and leave it as is if you want that aspect.

Now I’m going to have to wire wheel or sand all the bedliner off to replace the floor pans. :(
Oh I see, that would negate the idea of using it underbody too.
I want to change the colour on the Jeep and I'm not for paying the couple grand for a professional spray job so it's either bedliner or vinyl wrap in my options pool 😂