Another Belt loop ate by my TJ

OK. I'm on number two. I'm running out of nice pants. Any others have the same issue. This should be a meme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk to Frank (@Stinger) about this, haha! I think he's tore like 10.

I don't know how you guys do it... to this day it's never even come close to happening to me.

Reactions: Serbonze
I went thru my clothes while packing to move 8 weeks ago, there had to be at least 1/2 dozen pairs of Jeans with flapping belt loops that I tossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Ok, how does this even happen? Still have all my belt loops intact, and don't understand.

That's what I keep wondering. This has never happened to me, or even come close to happening. Yet it seems to happen to lots of others, so I don't know what they're doing that I'm not.

For me it's when my shirt is tucked in which means my belt loop is exposed. Something about the way my back brushes against the door jamb. If my shirt is not tucked in it can't happen. It's also proportionate to what I paid for the pants. The more expensive they are, the more likely it is to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stinger
Ahhh, well I don't think I've ever worn my shirt tucked in in my life, so perhaps that's how I'm avoiding this!

Reactions: Serbonze
This has never happened to me. Not in 6 years with my first tj or the last 8 months with my current TJ. And I wear my shirt tucked in (most days).

I don't have that problem I always put my left hand on the jam swing my legs out and hopp out with my right hand on the left side of the steering wheel

Sent from my E6790TM using Tapatalk

I have read about this before and still don't understand how it happens, I would need to be trying to climb head first into the back seat without moving the front seats forward for this to happen to me...
cavingphotos-bylizrogersphotography-40125-img_6692.jpg

Reactions: Serbonze and Chris
Jeep should issue a recall for this problem.
Something needs to be recalled but I'm not sure Jeep should be involved. When we got our first TJ, I hopped in without paying much attention to what I was doing and snagged the belt loop. Looked at what I did, what caused it, and then changed how I entered the rig from then on and to date, my score is Jeep 1, Me 5481 times of entering the rig without tearing another belt loop. Some folks are capable of learning, some ain't.