31’s

long term - low and slow
HP30
Belly up
33’s
TNT fenders
Atlas (gotta have dreams)

View attachment 221070
Inspiration for you. We took one from exactly like yours to this in one shot.

1611630058683.png

1611630256231.png

1611630338526.png

How we got it.
1611630482691.png

1611629982562.png

What tailgate armor is that? I noticed it has more mounting screws across the top and bottom than the Savvy. My Savvy bows slightly and could use some more screws and nutserts.

I love silver TJ/LJ’s
Not sure. Likely Genright but he brought a lot of stuff to us that we just installed for him.

Hard to tell with the silver. Was the armor left unpainted?

What tailgate armor is that? I noticed it has more mounting screws across the top and bottom than the Savvy. My Savvy bows slightly and could use some more screws and nutserts.

I love silver TJ/LJ’s

Don't feel bad, my Savvy tailgate armor bows as well. It's a common theme I think.

It didn't until Marty redesigned it.

Well in that case, let's hope that the freshly redesigned gas tank skid doesn't have any yet to be seen issues.

The tailgate armor bowing is one of those little things where you have to look to notice it, but once you know it's there, it really bothers you.

Well in that case, let's hope that the freshly redesigned gas tank skid doesn't have any yet to be seen issues.

The tailgate armor bowing is one of those little things where you have to look to notice it, but once you know it's there, it really bothers you.
I could drill a hole and use a bit to create a tapered head space and install some nutserts to resolve the bowing. The pics above are nice for placement options.

Reactions: Chris

I'm sure I can fix it. The problem is again, customer driven. Folks that ran the armor often did so without a tire carrier, just a bare tailgate. Given that there were holes in it for the snubbers, folks were not smart enough to find some stainless flat heads, countersink the holes and give it a finished look that way. Instead they bitched at Marty that their fucking armor had unused holes and they were NOT going to buy it. Rather than offer a finish fastener kit to more firmly affix the armor, he deleted the holes and made one plate fit both tail gates.

Reactions: Ephry73 and JMT
I'm sure I can fix it. The problem is again, customer driven. Folks that ran the armor often did so without a tire carrier, just a bare tailgate. Given that there were holes in it for the snubbers, folks were not smart enough to find some stainless flat heads, countersink the holes and give it a finished look that way. Instead they bitched at Marty that their fucking armor had unused holes and they were NOT going to buy it. Rather than offer a finish fastener kit to more firmly affix the armor, he deleted the holes and made one plate fit both tail gates.
Context is helpful. I couldn't figure out why the holes weren't there. Mystery solved!

That does indeed solve the mystery (well, a mystery to me at least). I had always wondered where the holes were for the snubbers. Like you said, this could have easily been fixed with a finish fastener kit.

This sounds familiar to so many work situations I've been in that finally culminated in me realizing that the customer is not always right, and the customer is also not a designer.

That does indeed solve the mystery (well, a mystery to me at least). I had always wondered where the holes were for the snubbers. Like you said, this could have easily been fixed with a finish fastener kit.

This sounds familiar to so many work situations I've been in that finally culminated in me realizing that the customer is not always right, and the customer is also not a designer.
It will be a bit of a challenge for me to get the holes in exactly the right place.I'll come up with a solution, drill from the backside, countersink the front side and be done. Quite a bit of precision is required here for a garage mechanic, handyman.

Is this also why there are no holes in the corner armor for stock flares? It says they "compatible" with stock flares, which meant I had to use and old flare as a template, then mark and drill the holes.

It will be a bit of a challenge for me to get the holes in exactly the right place.I'll come up with a solution, drill from the backside, countersink the front side and be done. Quite a bit of precision is required here for a garage mechanic, handyman.

That's what I would think as well. Lining up the holes to drill for the snubbers would take some very, very accurate measurements to say the least. I know I'd mess something up in my garage with basic tools and not even a drill press.