Another colonoscopy to not look forward to today

Jerry Bransford

Staff
Staff Member
Supporting Member
I am frigging starving and would pay an ungodly sum of $$$ for a hamburger & a chocolate milkshake right now. I haven't had a decent meal since Monday when I had a tuna sandwich, mayo only no relish, on white toasted bread. Per instructions. Yesterday I was allowed clear broth, that was it. I didn't have any broth so I was so starved last night I strained the chicken & noodles out of chicken noodle soup & drank the chicken broth. Few things have tasted so good but it went right through me. 32 ounces of cleaner last night after two tablets of Bisacodyl (Dulcolax), another 32 ounces this morning at 6am after two more tablets of the Bisacodyl. I am CLEAN, ready, and starving.

So the procedure's in a couple hours and they'll give me Versed & some other drug to knock me out & make me forget I was ever there. So I'll wake up after it's over and be thinking they haven't done anything yet so I'll likely argue with them again, like I did my previous two times, that I haven't had the colonoscopy yet when they're trying to get me to get up and leave the VA hospital I'll be at. They may have to show me my pictures to prove I really had it done, like they did at least once before.

Some drugs are good... they make you not even know you had a procedure that is supposedly very uncomfortable to have. Don't ask me if it's uncomfortable to have done, I am not even so sure I've had the two before and I may not be convinced even after this one is over lol.

So if I say anything more weird on the forum than usual tonight after I get home, I'm blaming it on the Versed amnesiac anesthesia. But only after I eat a hamburger or two and chocolate milkshake 🤣

Last edited:
I feel your pain. Just had the procedure the end of February.

My wife says I’m no longer allowed to speak to the doctor after the procedure.
I don’t remember saying this, but apparently I asked. “Do you still have your watch?”
Cracked up the room, so I’m told.

I feel your pain. Just had the procedure the end of February.

My wife says I’m no longer allowed to speak to the doctor after the procedure.
I don’t remember saying this, but apparently I asked. “Do you still have your watch?”
Cracked up the room, so I’m told.
That's a good one, I hope I have enough of my wits about me when I wake up to ask that same question and hope for the same result lol. My wife is telling me we have to go now. Uh oh, so it begins again.

Reactions: Steven_Olson
I had my first one a couple months ago...prep sucks but being a diabetic I am first up in the am so eating by 9 am...I had a double procedure of colonoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time...I guess the 2 scopes meet in the middle:) And BTW the damn doctor ran out of gas on way to the office in his 10 Cyl BMW and made me late!

J
I am frigging starving and would pay an ungodly sum of $$$ for a hamburger & a chocolate milkshake right now. I haven't had a decent meal since Monday when I had a tuna sandwich, mayo only no relish, on white toasted bread. Per instructions. Yesterday I was allowed clear broth, that was it. I didn't have any broth so I was so starved last night I strained the chicken & noodles out of chicken noodle soup & drank the chicken broth. Few things have tasted so good but it went right through me. 32 ounces of cleaner last night after two tablets of Bisacodyl (Dulcolax), another 32 ounces this morning at 6am after two more tablets of the Bisacodyl. I am CLEAN, ready, and starving.

So the procedure's in a couple hours and they'll give me Versed & some other drug to knock me out & make me forget I was ever there. So I'll wake up after it's over and be thinking they haven't done anything yet so I'll likely argue with them again, like I did my previous two times, that I haven't had the colonoscopy yet when they're trying to get me to get up and leave the VA hospital I'll be at. They may have to show me my pictures to prove I really had it done, like they did at least once before.

Some drugs are good... they make you not even know you had a procedure that is supposedly very uncomfortable to have. Don't ask me if it's uncomfortable to have done, I am not even so sure I've had the two before and I may not be convinced even after this one is over lol.

So if I say anything more weird on the forum than usual tonight after I get home, I'm blaming it on the Versed amnesiac anesthesia. But only after I eat a hamburger or two and chocolate milkshake 🤣

Just request no drugs..

I didn't have a colonoscopy until I was 65. Unfortunatly, the first one was bad. Nothing like waking up to the "you have cancer" message. I have had chemo and radiation, then surgery, now more chemo. I am cancer free, but I have lost a year. Cancer suxs. Youse guys and gals, don't be a baby. Go for your colonoscopy.

I didn't have a colonoscopy until I was 65. Unfortunatly, the first one was bad. Nothing like waking up to the "you have cancer" message. I have had chemo and radiation, then surgery, now more chemo. I am cancer free, but I have lost a year. Cancer suxs. Youse guys and gals, don't be a baby. Go for your colonoscopy.
Sorry for the bad news but am glad you are getting through it now. I still think 10 years is too long to wait to have another one...Probably the damn insurance companies getting their way again.

Reactions: Jack72