Another colonoscopy to not look forward to today

The Blue Ticks do like to hunt. We used them on bears and once in awhile on pigs.

I prefer a good squirrel dog. Unfortunately, I don't have one. I have this couch potato who has been training me for 12 years. I said for a long time that she was the dumbest dog I've ever had. I've come to realize it's not dumb that's the problem. She is super hard headed. The worst trick was when we were hunting in the woods next to the house. I killed a squirrel with a head shot, so it was bloody. She scooped it up and ran back to the house with it. When she got to the house, she scratched on the door. My daughter let her in without looking at her. She jumped up on the couch with the squirrel. My wife came in the living room and saw her. It took 3 weeks before my black eye went away. :) She likes to hunt Frogs too which has made her sick several times. My friends have decided that I am the problem - the world's dumbest dog owner.

Last edited:
Yep.....she's a hunting dog. She needs to try and get you out hunting more.
I had dogs that I used for pig hunting. They were livestock type dogs. I liked them better then my friend's Blue ticks, they wouldn't go as far. And only barked when they we're actually looking at a pig.

Reactions: andy29847 and abart