Another first Jeep thread

Thanks!
Ya, I’m gonna take a few when I get out of work today and post em up...

I’ll try and document my clean-up process as well.
Got some rust through issues, normal Jeep spots... fender tops, lower rockers and passenger corner.

Frame has some surface rust, but nothing for concern...
Some wire brushing and a coating will be on the list... solid as a rock though 👍🏻

Hey there,
New to the forum and new to Jeeps...
Almost 60 and bought my first Jeep.

2004 TJ Sahara.
6cyl. 5 speed, came with HT, ST, hard doors, 2 sets of ST windows...
2” BDS lift.

Hopefully can contribute to the forum soon 👍🏻
Already used it for some research info 😉
Welcome!
We have the same year, model and transmission TJ and I am in Mass also!
If you are indeed in Ashby, there is a guy there that is always parting and selling jeep stuff on craigslist. I've spoken to him a couple times but haven't bought anything. I just mention it in case you are looking for parts!

Thanks!
Ya, I’m gonna take a few when I get out of work today and post em up...

I’ll try and document my clean-up process as well.
Got some rust through issues, normal Jeep spots... fender tops, lower rockers and passenger corner.

Frame has some surface rust, but nothing for concern...
Some wire brushing and a coating will be on the list... solid as a rock though 👍🏻

Welcome!

Frames can rust from the inside, drill some drains and clean it out. See what you find inside.

Hope its just a little surface rust like you said.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Welcome!

Frames can rust from the inside, drill some drains and clean it out. See what you find inside.

Hope its just a little surface rust like you said.
I e kinda been in there and don’t see too much badness, a little flaking here and there but not bad.
I may power wash the inside, let it dry and spray some coating this winter... the previous owner sprayed that Eastwood green stuff in there where he could... probably use that same stuff!

Welcome!
We have the same year, model and transmission TJ and I am in Mass also!
If you are indeed in Ashby, there is a guy there that is always parting and selling jeep stuff on craigslist. I've spoken to him a couple times but haven't bought anything. I just mention it in case you are looking for parts!
Cool!
I actually found him in CLASS and asked about a couple of things... gotta find out exactly where he’s at and see what he’s got.
Can’t be far, Ashby’s not a huge town hahaaaa

Where are you at? Looking for others local to see if there’s any spots to wheel that I don’t already know if 😉

I e kinda been in there and don’t see too much badness, a little flaking here and there but not bad.
I may power wash the inside, let it dry and spray some coating this winter... the previous owner sprayed that Eastwood green stuff in there where he could... probably use that same stuff!

If you can see flaking inside the holes, I would bet there is more as the frame flattens out forward of the rear wheel arch. That's there they rust and eventually get cracks or worse.

If you can see flaking inside the holes, I would bet there is more as the frame flattens out forward of the rear wheel arch. That's there they rust and eventually get cracks or worse.
Well, like I said, the frame is pretty solid and what can be done to make it last will be done.
I’ve been all over it with a hammer and it’s rock solid.
Only better way is to scope it with a camera and that’s not possible, so....
Deal I’ll with any issues that arise when they do! 👍🏻