Another great experience with Mark at Wranglerfix

Jamison C

Heil Savvy 🙋‍♂️
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
For those of you not following my 42rle swap saga, I bought a complete engine, transmission, wiring harness, and computer from a guy with a 2005 to do an swap into my 2005. He said it was for a rubicon like mine but unfortunately when I got into the harness I realized it was not. I threw it in the jeep anyways and my suspicions were correct.

I reached out to Mark at @Wranglerfix to see if he could program the PCM to a Rubicon (and remove the SKIM) and he told me to send it on over. He got it programmed and back to me quick for a price that I will not disclose, but what I felt was very fair. I hooked everything up and the jeep ran flawless, and all my rubicon goodies worked.

I know he already has a great reputation on the forum but I wanted to add my experience as well. Thanks for being an honest guy, Mark! We’re glad to have you!

How many success stories are there now? I’m in business myself and there gets to be a point when somebody is this consistent that it needs to be recognized. I know that an overnight success takes about 10 years, but Mark has proven his mettle over and over.

Basically when I see a business person get the job done over and over smoothly and quietly that tells me they know what they’re doing-And knowing what you’re doing entails a lot more than just the trade...Dealing with people is not for the faint of heart and he works in a fairly subjective realm.....Sort of where angels fear to tread.

Well done Mark.

@Jamison C Thank you very much for your post. I am very grateful to have access to @Chris forum as well as to call all of you friends.

Let me know when you make your way to south Florida we will grab a drink or dinner on Wranglerfix!
When you’re out in AZ again for a second Rubibara the same goes for you too!

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Glad to have with skill and integrity supporting the TJ community!

Just out of curiosity, what does the Rubicon do that needs unique PCM programming? I know about the 241 and the air lockers but I didn't know the pcm was involved in that. Locker pumps?

The PCM controls the locking order sequence and monitors the status of the lockers. It's a needlessly overly complex operation. I completely bypassed it by rewiring my lockers and installing my own locker switches.

Locker Switches 2.JPG

Last edited:
Glad to have with skill and integrity supporting the TJ community!

Just out of curiosity, what does the Rubicon do that needs unique PCM programming? I know about the 241 and the air lockers but I didn't know the pcm was involved in that. Locker pumps?
The PCM sends power to the 4wd dash light when the t-case is in 4 low. Only then will the locker switches get power to activate the lockers sequentially. In the manual trans versions, the clutch safety switch is bypassed so you can start in gear and there is a different throttle response to make it less touchy in 4 low.

Some of us prefer the rig to function as designed by the OEM. Given the number we've fixed, that is likely the majority. In all the time we've been tinkering, only one has ever had us bypass the PCM functionality. The rest have had us restore it to factory including a few that had the bypass done.

I bought my 05 already manual swapped, I’m curious if wranglerfix could fix my pcm
To think it’s not an auto and clear my cels. I also cut out around 4600 rpm’s from what I was told was the pcm trying to shift an auto.🧐

I bought my 05 already manual swapped, I’m curious if wranglerfix could fix my pcm
To think it’s not an auto and clear my cels. I also cut out around 4600 rpm’s from what I was told was the pcm trying to shift an auto.🧐
@Wranglerfix

Wranglerfix.jpg

If you have a PCM in a Wrangler, if it has a problem, yes he can.

It won’t be long before he has repaired more than they actually made.

Like my uncle that owns a carpet store, he swore installers stole $40,000 in pad one year. I did the math. He only purchased about $20,000 of pad that year.

Would ya’ll adopt me?

The PCM sends power to the 4wd dash light when the t-case is in 4 low. Only then will the locker switches get power to activate the lockers sequentially. In the manual trans versions, the clutch safety switch is bypassed so you can start in gear and there is a different throttle response to make it less touchy in 4 low.

Some of us prefer the rig to function as designed by the OEM. Given the number we've fixed, that is likely the majority. In all the time we've been tinkering, only one has ever had us bypass the PCM functionality. The rest have had us restore it to factory including a few that had the bypass done.
Ah. Yeah I would want all that stuff operating as OEM intended too. I knew about a lot of that behavior, just didn't know it went through the PCM. I didn't know about the throttle response thing; that's pretty cool and now I want to know how it works with a cable throttle. Ignition timing?

Cussing 2005-2006, Mayor Bransford hit the Wranglerfix button, the panic in Gotham city began to subside. Numerous PCM’s new they would soon be saved.....late model values skyrocketed.

The attached photo is real.
Not saying it was worth it, but it sold for that -
View attachment 310645
For $59,500.00. Time to sell mine and start over.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
For $59,500.00. Time to sell mine and start over.
Man I’m tellin ‘ ya- with 2 or 3.

That bidding war got out of hand-

I bet someone woke up with a hangover like Ronald Reagan after a 3 day drunk going - “I sold arms to the who??”

@AndyG Thank you for your post. The more obedient I am to God, the more He blesses me. Hard work, honesty and treating others the way you want to be treated. It’s pretty simple if you think about it!

@DougyintheBushies I can program your pcm for a manual. What codes are you getting?

Congratulations to Chase at Big Tex Jeeps for the 59.5k sale!

@AndyG Thank you for your post. The more obedient I am to God, the more He blesses me. Hard work, honesty and treating others the way you want to be treated. It’s pretty simple if you think about it!
Amen!
@DougyintheBushies I can program your pcm for a manual. What codes are you getting?
P0700
P0513
P0128
P0850
If you don’t mind pm me a quote. I’ll be definitely wanting it fixed at some point per funds. Thanks !