Another help me with my tire choice for how I will be driving

wmblore

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking to go 35"s but not sure what width to go with or what is available.
Also looking to confirm load range. Sounds like I want "C."
I just purchased the rims-17x9, 5X4.5 pattern.
Almost all road/highway but want some trail use. No Heavy Rocks.
So Cal jeep-no snow or mud but will have some rain driving.

Reading through the forum: I have seen Falken wildpeak A/T, Cooper ST/Maxx or AT4, BFG KO2, Goodyear Duratrac, and Michelin LTXAT.

Looking to narrow that list down. Suggestions for my driving use are appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Currently running fuel gripper a/t and love them. Really aggressive a/t with good on road manners and good traction off-road

I’m not sure if Kelly makes the safari tsr in a c rated tire but that was overall the best tire I’ve ever ran on any vehicle

Reactions: wmblore
Love Love Love my Cooper AT3's. Whisper quiet on the road and great in every weather hot or cold, wet or dry. And about as good as you can expect off road too.
That what I am rolling with. Highway and desert.
IMG_2866.JPG

I like the BFG's I'm running, quiet and street-friendly. falkens are a tad cheaper and also a great choice.

I got a set of BFG KO2 for $194/tire, super quiet and they ride really nice. I've only been able to road test them but they have been a pleasant upgrade from the MT tires I had.

Cooper at3 would be my pick for your listed use. Ultra quiet on the highway, very durable long lasting tire that has great traction on and off road.

Where did you purchase? Thanks
I got mine at a local shop. Google Cooper Tires and you get a whole list of places. Most any small-ish tire shop can order them or any other tire you may want. Trying to keep the local guys from going under. Not many left where I am.

I have the Cooper AT3's on our Isuzu. They all around a good tire but at half tread life they are starting to make a little noise. Nothing like a m/t mind you. I have KO2's on the jeep and like them a lot. Got about 5k on them so far.