Another HVAC issue

SOMD-JeepFan

I have been reading through forums to determine where I should start my troubleshooting, but I don't necessarily have the same symptoms. My blower had been working intermittently in the past, but now I am not having luck getting the fan to turn on at all. With the heat all the way up and the blower on full blast, I feel a slight trickle of hot air coming out of the vents while I am driving, but nothing while stopped and idling. Is the resistor bad? blower motor? Is there a way that I could test to determine if the parts are functional? I don't want to start throwing parts at the issue in hopes that I eventually fix the issue after adding some nonessential parts.

I have also been having some weird issues where my turn signals would stop working as well as the turn signal indicator would illuminate (solid - not flash) on it's own. Would a bad ground be causing the issue with my turn signal as well as the issues with my heat? Am I about to start to chase gremlins in my Jeep?

I have been reading through forums to determine where I should start my troubleshooting, but I don't necessarily have the same symptoms. My blower had been working intermittently in the past, but now I am not having luck getting the fan to turn on at all. With the heat all the way up and the blower on full blast, I feel a slight trickle of hot air coming out of the vents while I am driving, but nothing while stopped and idling. Is the resistor bad? blower motor? Is there a way that I could test to determine if the parts are functional? I don't want to start throwing parts at the issue in hopes that I eventually fix the issue after adding some nonessential parts.

I have also been having some weird issues where my turn signals would stop working as well as the turn signal indicator would illuminate (solid - not flash) on it's own. Would a bad ground be causing the issue with my turn signal as well as the issues with my heat? Am I about to start to chase gremlins in my Jeep?

My problems like that were related to the ignition switch. If the key doesn't return to a "normal" position it causes such problems.

Somehow through disconnecting the HVAC controls and the blower motor, I managed to get my blower working. Possibly a loose connection, but I am happy with the outcome. Now, it's time to figure out where my coolant is leaking.

Last edited:
Somehow through disconnecting the HVAC controls and the blower motor, I managed to get my blower working. Possibly a lose connection, but I am happy with the outcome. Now, it's time to figure out where my coolant is leaking.

Awesome, thanks for the update!