Another newbie from Colorado

Rickster

Hiya. Just picked up an '04 Rubicon. No manual, of course. Why is it so hard to keep the manuals in these things?! Anyway, this is my sixth Jeep in 18 yrs. Started with an '89 XJ, then picked up an '86 MJ, then got my wife a '95 ZJ (still have it), then found a '91 XJ (still have it), then an '89 MJ that I traded for the Rubi, now the Rubi sits in the garage. I downloaded a TJ manual but it is pretty much useless for mine. I used to build Jeep's but I don't do the off-roading biz anymore so this Rubicon is really alot of wasted equipment for me. I'd be fine with a regular TJ or even a YJ. So I'll be back in touch with lots of questions.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks, Don! It's ironic that I enhanced my Jeeps with expensive lift, tires, suspension, gears, etc. And now I have one with Dana 44's, electric lockers both ends, adjustable LCA's, adjustable track bar, JKS disco's. But always wanted a Wrangler so here I am. I even had a '67 Jeepster Commando as a company vehicle once. This has the K&N cold air intake, which I'd gladly trade for a stock airbox. It's got the hard top, full doors, auto on the hump, A/C. Hideous stereo! No bass! Aaarrghhh!!! I learned everything about every Jeep I owned but am in the dark about this TJ. I took it over Redcone Pass and down Webster last Saturday, got to test the lockers. Wow! Whatta difference! It was crawling over everything. I'll figure out how/where to post pics and post a few. It's a beauty. Maroon, black top, leather seats, Kenwood. Sucks that I'll probably sell it.

Reactions: Don_L
Definitely post some photos when you get a chance. Sounds like you have a good history of Jeeps, similar to mine as well!