Another one from Washington

Vasq

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Wanted to reach out and say hello! I bought my first Jeep in 2007 as a present to myself. It was a 1989 YJ with the 2.5L and it was great for about a year before everything started falling off of it. A year later I bought a 2001 TJ Sport and it's been great ever since (I still have the YJ). Having used the TJ for my DD for many years, I've recently bought my first house and it came with a garage! I've never had a garage and its a whole new world to me. No more doing repairs/upgrades on a gravel driveway on plywood... in the rain :LOL:

I've recently corrected many issues with the TJ that were of my own doing (major one was i finally installed a SYE), and I'm just about ready to get out there and use it as i've always wanted to. It's no longer my DD so I can quit racking up miles on it.
-
DSC_0408.JF.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

Welcome to the family...and coming in from the cold and rain. Having a garage make a huge difference in how you can work on your Jeep

Welcome to the family...and coming in from the cold and rain. Having a garage make a huge difference in how you can work on your Jeep
Such a difference. And it's already wired for 220v at three spots so I'm thinking a welder is gunna be on my wish list.

Nice looking Jeep. Welcome aboard.
Thanks! I've had it for so long it's been really fun to finally get "serious" about it with upgrades

Reactions: JMT and Kiwi TJ
What do you have planned?

What do you have planned?
two weeks ago I installed the MetalCloak 3.5" short arm kit. I also pulled my transfer case and upgraded to the 6 pinion planetary gear, wide chain, and JB Conversions super short SYE. I also took that opportunity to rebuild the whole case including new bearings, seals, pick-up filter, shift fork pads, magnet, etc.
JB sent me the wrong rear output yoke, so I'm currently waiting on the new one to come in the mail. I also installed a Rokmen 1" BL (in place of my 1/2") and a brown dog 1" MML. I've got a new magnaflow cat waiting to go in and a high clearance skid from rokmen as well. Once the yoke comes in I can put that on and re-install my transfer case, then get some measurements for new drivelines and give Tom Wood a call. Once those are on order I can sort out what i'll need to do to my exhaust for the TT and then waiting again for drivelines.

I've also got a poor mans disc brake conversion for the rear waiting to go in once I've got everything else dialed in. I found a junkyard 96 grand Cherokee with the dana 44 in the rear and got the disc brake brackets off of it. From what I read, they should just bolt right up. I'll replace everything except the bracket themselves and the dust shields seem fine.

• Wow
Reactions: bobthetj03 and JMT
two weeks ago I installed the MetalCloak 3.5" short arm kit. I also pulled my transfer case and upgraded to the 6 pinion planetary gear, wide chain, and JB Conversions super short SYE. I also took that opportunity to rebuild the whole case including new bearings, seals, pick-up filter, shift fork pads, magnet, etc.
JB sent me the wrong rear output yoke, so I'm currently waiting on the new one to come in the mail. I also installed a Rokmen 1" BL (in place of my 1/2") and a brown dog 1" MML. I've got a new magnaflow cat waiting to go in and a high clearance skid from rokmen as well. Once the yoke comes in I can put that on and re-install my transfer case, then get some measurements for new drivelines and give Tom Wood a call. Once those are on order I can sort out what i'll need to do to my exhaust for the TT and then waiting again for drivelines.

I've also got a poor mans disc brake conversion for the rear waiting to go in once I've got everything else dialed in. I found a junkyard 96 grand Cherokee with the dana 44 in the rear and got the disc brake brackets off of it. From what I read, they should just bolt right up. I'll replace everything except the bracket themselves and the dust shields seem fine.
Great progress. A TT is not for the faint of heart. Solid build choices

Reactions: Vasq
Great progress. A TT is not for the faint of heart. Solid build choices
thanks, I've never undertaken any major car projects so I'm really excited about how well its been going. before this all I'd done is a little lift and some tires and bumpers, easy things. Was nervous about all the different pieces coming together but so far it looks like it should work really well.

thanks, I've never undertaken any major car projects so I'm really excited about how well its been going. before this all I'd done is a little lift and some tires and bumpers, easy things. Was nervous about all the different pieces coming together but so far it looks like it should work really well.
That’s awesome. Wrenching must be in your blood. A TT is the last thing on my list. I’m reticent to do it because I’m not sure I need it, but I hate that skid hanging down so low, looks horrible and it’s beat to hell. I have same choices, JB Conv SS SYE and Tom Wood. Rear CA’s I haven’t decided between MC and Savvy. My skid will preferably be the Savvy

That’s awesome. Wrenching must be in your blood. A TT is the last thing on my list. I’m reticent to do it because I’m not sure I need it, but I hate that skid hanging down so low, looks horrible and it’s beat to hell. I have same choices, JB Conv SS SYE and Tom Wood. Rear CA’s I haven’t decided between MC and Savvy. My skid will preferably be the Savvy
I definitely would have gone the savvy route if I had known at the time. I actually have the 99-02 Rokmen skid that for some reason isn't available on their website anymore. I think it might've been discontinued or something. Just like you can't get the sliders with bars for the standard wheelbase model anymore.

I definitely would have gone the savvy route if I had known at the time. I actually have the 99-02 Rokmen skid that for some reason isn't available on their website anymore. I think it might've been discontinued or something. Just like you can't get the sliders with bars for the standard wheelbase model anymore.
Rokmen is phasing out TJ stuff, not enough demand. They used to have some nice functional sliders, but no more. Sad day for the TJ world. I’m really not ready for my Savvy skid plates, but seeing them drop the early TJ skids makes me think I better get on them ASAP. If not I’ll be down to UCF, but I really want the separate crossmember. Genright is possible, but some welding, which I can’t do. Want to be as flat as possible

Yeah I wasn't ready for mine when I bought it either but it went on a good sale before they phased it out. I think I only paid 200-250 for it. all 1/4" steel, tig welded.. its stout. the savvy skid is phased out? bummer. Im really digging their gas tank skid, I hope it doesn't get phased out too

Reactions: JMT
Yeah I wasn't ready for mine when I bought it either but it went on a good sale before they phased it out. I think I only paid 200-250 for it. all 1/4" steel, tig welded.. its stout. the savvy skid is phased out? bummer. Im really digging their gas tank skid, I hope it doesn't get phased out too
Just the 97-02 skid plates. They either still have or are still manufacturing the 03-06. Just not enough of a market.

Just the 97-02 skid plates. They either still have or are still manufacturing the 03-06. Just not enough of a market.
wait, so they are phasing out the gas tank skid for 97-02?!

or you might have been referring to the t-case skid.

wait, so they are phasing out the gas tank skid for 97-02?!

or you might have been referring to the t-case skid.
Sorry, TCase skid!