Another TJR

billiebob

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Bought a clean, stock, unmolested TJR today
76000 miles, 9000USD.

image.jpeg

Good looking stock Jeep. Which year? That price is insane! How did you find it? Any history behind the vehicle? Any plans to build it a little bit?

Price is right, $12k CDN, which today is $9k USD.

I look at the prices you southerners pay and go wow. If you don't want aRubi very few clean stock TJs are over $10k up here.

Build plans, none, add a winch.... Maybe new tires and wheels but no this is the retirement set of wheels. Too good to cut up. As for the other TJR, with 240K miles, it had a head on with a Bimmer, it won but got a bit bent..... It will get built..... But not lifted.... It will be the beach rig. Unfortunately I think I will have replace the air bags to license it.

Last edited:
Good looking stock Jeep. Which year? That price is insane! How did you find it? Any history behind the vehicle? Any plans to build it a little bit?
2006, the po bought it in Manitoba, got it home and plans changed, he had it 2 months. It has had several owners, it has blemishes but is pretty much rust free, accident free, clean and stock. It is now 2k miles from where it was in June. Timing was right, mine was wrote off 10 days ago, this was advertised 8 days ago, the seller is a great guy with fabulous integrity and ethics, I have no doubt there were opportunities to sell it before I got there but we had a good relationship from the start. And I got lucky. 14 days ago I was not thinking about another TJR.

I drove 400 miles to get it. The seller was cleaning the interior when we drove up....
That says it all.

Last edited:
2006, the po bought it in Manitoba, got it home and plans changed, he had it 2 months. It has had several owners, it has blemishes but is pretty much rust free, accident free, clean and stock. It is now 2k miles from where it was in June. Timing was right, mine was wrote off 10 days ago, this was advertised 8 days ago, the seller is a great guy with fabulous integrity and ethics, I have no doubt there were opportunities to sell it before I got there but we had a good relationship from the start. And I got lucky. 14 days ago I was not thinking about another TJR.

I drove 400 miles to get it. The seller was cleaning the interior when we drove up....
That says it all.

Looks like a good buy. It being stock is a good thing and mileage is low. You can fix this one one really nice over time per your needs.

What happened to your black TJ though !?

yep, 2 Rubis might be nice. Looking at the old one it might not be a hard fix

The hood is a bit high on the right so there is likely a twist in the frame to straighten.

TJR 001.jpeg

The left side lower control arm folded and tthe axle is back about 6".....

TJR 004.jpeg

but it never hit the fender, thank you AEV Highline.

TJR 005.jpeg

Some new brackets are needed,

TJR 003.jpeg

And the wild card...... not sure what bent but the front tire has pretty dramatic camber.
The only "body" damage is that little kink beside the left signal.

TJR 002.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Squatch