Pennsylvania Anthracite (AOAA) rides

For a variety of reasons I haven’t been able to do much wheeling this year but the stars finally lined up for me this coming Sunday so my neighbor & I are headed to AOAA; normally not a fan of Sunday trips but with the holiday Monday it works out great – if anyone’s interested in joining us lemme know

Pictures for no good reason, just some shots I took this past Sunday out in Pennsylvania Horse Country. While I haven’t gotten much wheeling in I have been enjoying the TJ as a convertible street machine, it’s pretty awesome:

IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG

Looking to return to AOAA on Saturday August 10, 2019 if anyone is interested, weather permitting as always, and also assumes I can get my front lower driver's side control arm mount repaired, my (very late) post off-roading inspection yesterday revealed a crack about an inch and a half long that runs along the arc of the axle tube. It most likely happened two weeks ago at Rausch Creek because I didn't see it before that & I spend a good bit of time underneath going over everything after each excursion.

I sent these pictures to my buddy/mechanic & it looks like it can be repaired:

Control arm mount 2.JPG
Control arm mount 3.PNG
control arm mount 4.PNG
control arm mount 5.PNG

Definitely can be repaired.
Two Suggestions.
1- Get rid of the Rockhard 4x4 CA Skid! This most likely its the root of cause of you issue.
2- Get a CA mount replacement from Barnes and repair it correctly.
Been there, done that a time or two!
1564402935844.png