Antifreeze problems

Jeep521

Hi i have an 08 jeep wrangler and im losing antifreeze around the throttle body somewhere and its laying above the valve covers on both sides i havnt tore into yet just wondering wat u guys have to say

That's an easy fix, especially since it's a top side problem.

Clean up all the leaking coolant so it's spotless. Start the vehicle with the hood open, get under the hood and let the engine run until you can slowly spot where the coolant is leaking from. I've done this before plenty of times and you just have to be patient, but as soon as you see one drip, that's you're problem area.

Then all you have to do is replace the part that's leaking. In this case it's either going to be a gasket or a hose.

Yea but it doesnt make sense if its a gasket why is it on both sides

There could be a gasket on both sides?

I'm honestly not familiar with JKs at all, only TJs and XJs. Maybe a JK owner will chime in here such as @MikeM

Would love to help and it could be pressure causing the leak? Like Chris suggested clean it up and dry it out then start it up with a full level of coolant and see where it is coming from.
This would be a start

Do a search for the problem your having on youtube but be careful not to be taken in! A picture will most likely get you more answers here from the experts than just a question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris