Antique TJs

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
I was browsing vanity plates for South Carolina, and noticed that in 2022 I'll be eligible for an "Antique" plate on my '97. Think Jeep will do anything exciting to mark the 25-year anniversary of the TJ?

Last edited:
Don't know about SC, but in GA the '97 models will be emissions exempt next year. No more parking in the lot next to the emissions place to let it cool down and clearing all the codes before I get it tested. So at least one perk for 25 years:)

Crazily enough, NJ did away with emissions inspections awhile back. Our state inspections are a joke now. The one catch to a classic/antique plate here though is that your mileage is pretty limited, but I have classic plates on my Camaro and the mileage is never checked. My TJ has a few more years to go anyway

Reactions: Joeinnewjersey
Crazily enough, NJ did away with emissions inspections awhile back. Our state inspections are a joke now. The one catch to a classic/antique plate here though is that your mileage is pretty limited, but I have classic plates on my Camaro and the mileage is never checked. My TJ has a few more years to go anyway
Had the same registration on my TR6 in NJ, never figured out how they could track mileage.

Reactions: TWiG01
I might put this one on my Unlimited, IIRC it's $50 more a year.

1626482433129.png

Taking some out of town family up there in 2 weeks, it's a dramatic view for sure.
If it's open this year you should hike down to the lake and take the boat ride to Wizard Island. They leave you there for a few hours and come back later to pick you up. I think only two small boats a day go out there so you need reservations. Wizard Island is amazing! You also should stand on the rim overlooking the lake at night. It's the best milky way night sky I've ever seen.

If it's open this year you should hike down to the lake and take the boat ride to Wizard Island. They leave you there for a few hours and come back later to pick you up. I think only two small boats a day go out there so you need reservations. Wizard Island is amazing! You also should stand on the rim overlooking the lake at night. It's the best milky way night sky I've ever seen.
Nothing is running at this time unfortunately.

I love Crater Lake. It's one of my favorite places on earth.... especially Wizard Island. I will never forget the time I was there.
My aunt & uncle went there sometime in the 70’s. She still had a national park booklet abut it they bought from there. I bet I looked through it a hundred times or more over the years. It is definitely a place I want to see in person one day.

Reactions: Scout734