Any 17 inch wheels with 3.75" backspacing?

meangreen98

TJ Enthusiast
Does anyone know of any 17" wheels with 3.75" backspacing and 5x4.5 / 5x114.3 bolt pattern?

I personally don't like the look of 15s on my TJ and I'd like some 17s with enough backspacing to clear up to a 35" tire in the future.

Also, would 4" of backspacing clear 35s?

nothing huh?
I have wondered the same thing .. TrailReady makes a beadlook wheel (simulated beadlock) that you can have made with a 3.5 or 4" backspace. The wheels are pricey. They have real beadlocks too, but I am looking for a street wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Also there is a Walker Evan's wheel...

Walker Evans Racing Legend 501SB Wheel 17x8.5 5x4.5 +01mm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was able to find some 17x9 with 3.50 backspacing but at $300 a wheel, I'm seriously gonna pass lol.
I think I'll have better luck looking for a used with the same specs.

Reactions: Chris
If you can stomach adapters, there are a bunch of 17 inch wheels made for the JK that will end up in the range you're looking for, after you add in the thickness of the adapter ( typically 1.25 inches).

If you can stomach adapters, there are a bunch of 17 inch wheels made for the JK that will end up in the range you're looking for, after you add in the thickness of the adapter ( typically 1.25 inches).

I've been that route before and it seems too sketchy to me. Specially after having 2 wheels studs break off. I'd rather just have the correct bolt pattern and backspacing to reduce the amount of possible failures.

@Ranger_b0b runs them and in about to install them on mine. These are the ones he recommended to me. Can’t argue with the price, and they are CNC, not cast:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVKIZW0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Well in my case, wouldn't I need 2.5 inch spacers to bet at 3.75 backspacing with JK Moabs?

I believe the JK moabs backspacing is 6.25, right?

So, 6.25 - 2.5 = 3.75

Am I doing this right, this is how a spacer would work, correct?
Assuming I'm correct, would I be insane to run a spacer that large, even if it is a quality one?

Well in my case, wouldn't I need 2.5 inch spacers to bet at 3.75 backspacing with JK Moabs?

I believe the JK moabs backspacing is 6.25, right?

So, 6.25 - 2.5 = 3.75

Am I doing this right, this is how a spacer would work, correct?
Assuming I'm correct, would I be insane to run a spacer that large, even if it is a quality one?

I can't comment on the JK Moab backspacing. I know that @Ranger_b0b runs the 17" JK Moab wheels on his TJ with the same wheel spacers I linked to above. He doesn't have any issues to my knowledge, but hopefully he'll chime in soon and drop some wisdom here, since I'm not entirely sure. I thought the backspacing on those JK Moab wheels was 5.25", but I know nothing about JK wheels, so I'm likely wrong.

But if they are indeed 6.25", then your calculations are correct.

You'd be fine running a 2.5" spacer. The issue isn't the spacer itself, it's making sure that it's properly torqued down. I'd also be certain to check the torque on the spacer every X amount of miles, just to make sure everything is fine.

Jk wheels have a backspace of 6 inches, not 6.25, as is commonly referenced on the internet. Other than that, yes your calculation is correct. I am currently running 1.25" adapters, which put me away the factory offset for the TJ Moabs. I ordered some 2" ones, to get me to a 4 inch backspace so I can run some 285 tires. 3.75 isn't really necessary with the JK wheels, as you are not really supposed to put a 12.5 tire on a 7.5 wide wheel.

This is the std JK Moab with 1.25" spacers and 255 tires.
20180401_113244.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris