Any advice on installing Currie 4” at home?

you spotted the bumps equally and just made minor adjustments for the pinion angle, correct?

then it is what it is. once you lift the rig the connection point is lower in the travel arc this can position the axle slightly behind the upper spring mount until it compresses and then comes forward to spot right where you lined it to the bumps.

as far as that 1/16" try several points of reference not all are exactly symmetrical side to side always. and don't have to be equal since you spotted those bumps
Yes I measure to center of bolt on the body mount and get dang near exact, but just like anything.. the farther back I measure the more it increases.

to know if that short arm/side is holding or may bind.......... loose and pull 1 bolt, see if the axle position changes. adjust the arm until the bolt fits in easy and recheck things

Reactions: ARawls88
to know if that short arm is holding or may bind.......... loose and pull 1 bolt, see if the axle position changes. adjust the arm until the bolt fits in easy and recheck things
What position should I have the axle? Supported or hanging?

all this should be sitting on it's own weight, cant guess from stands or supports for this stuff.
you can have the axle on stands but the rig should be sitting on the springs

if you don't have wheels on it to support it then keep stands under the frame for safety but not support, the weight needs to be on the springs but things can jump when you loose a link so be wary and have everything not able to come down on you.. and never pull more than 1 the arms are under push and pull forces. frnt uppers are being pulled on, and lowers are under compression.

another way to kinda guestimate if a bolt is under more force than another is to put a socket on it and turn it. if it moves real easy it's on point and it's not binding, if it takes some effort (anything more than easy) to get it to turn it's holding pressure that could be relieved.

if you don't have wheels on it to support it then keep stands under the frame for safety but not support, the weight needs to be on the springs but things can jump when you loose a link so be wary and have everything not able to come down on you.. and never pull more than 1 the arms are under push and pull forces. frnt uppers are being pulled on, and lowers are under compression.
Yea I’ve got it down on the wheels, now I’m getting and 1/8” longer on the passenger side than driver. Going to take the drivers side axle off and see what happens

image.jpg

Drivers side off.

slip it out and adjust it so the bolt goes back with least effort.

replace all that and maybe try the pass side upper. then it should be all neutral for stresses at the connections.

recheck your pinion angle.

Yes I measure to center of bolt on the body mount and get dang near exact, but just like anything.. the farther back I measure the more it increases.

Put a long bolt in the middle bolt holes of the center skid. Measure from there. It helps to use a framing square on the floor and against the axle to measure from.

The springs are bowing because the axle is hanging from the shocks. That's just what the springs do.

i take measurements to the 1st and center skid bolt as well as the leg of the 1st body mount.
3 points allows me to spot any offset from side to side, if all 3 points say it's cocked then i move it..... if 2 of the 3 say it's =, then it's =.

B2493405-489B-4BE7-B92D-3EAC0CB0163F.jpeg

so here’s the rear end. Looks good in the wheel well but the heck is up this top spring perch Lol?

Reactions: gaabbee
image.jpg
So here I am, ready to install the rear springs. Wouldn’t you know, the wrong ones... it’s never ending

getting there myself since the wife gave the thumbs up. it will be interesting...
Get some good penetrating oil, metabo with cutoff wheel and depending on the condition of your jeep right now.... start looking up hardware on mopar parts giant or something similar.

Reactions: ScottCO