Alabama Any Alabama folks recognize these tunnels?

gasiorv

I'm a new world samurai, and a redneck nonetheless
Supporting Member
I am trying to figure out where this trail is. Any of you Alabama folks recognize these tunnels or areas? I know Shelby Off Road is based out of Bham and he mentions Maplesville at the beginning of the video. I think there is a section of the Talladega National Forest (Oakmulgee Ranger District) near Maplesville, but not sure that is where they are.

Video is long, better just to jump to the tunnel sections (times listed in comments) and see if you recognize the area.

Cool spot. Google Fu comes up with Nemo stuff in TN, but nothing that looks like that.

Based on the comments from the OP of the video, he could be laying out diversions as to the location to keep the ding dongs away.

• Haha
Reactions: sideproject
Can't really blame them for not wanting to divulge where it is as the shitbirds would trash a place like that within weeks of finding out the location.

Nothing gripes me more than a bunch of trash along the trails. :mad:

In north GA, Bell mountain was a nice (but short) trail and there was a lot of graffiti on the rocks at the top.

The graffiti was considered part of the history and after they paved the road up to it they invited people to paint on the rocks.

Of course the easy access opened the door for the shitbirds and they painted on the rocks, the platforms, the stairs, the parking lot, the signs, and everything they could reach with a spray can.

Painting had to be banned.

At least the drive up there is still open. For now.

It's a great view over Hiawassee and highly recommended.

• Sad
Reactions: John Cooper
I am trying to figure out where this trail is. Any of you Alabama folks recognize these tunnels or areas? I know Shelby Off Road is based out of Bham and he mentions Maplesville at the beginning of the video. I think there is a section of the Talladega National Forest (Oakmulgee Ranger District) near Maplesville, but not sure that is where they are.

Video is long, better just to jump to the tunnel sections (times listed in comments) and see if you recognize the area.

brookwood