Alabama Any Alabama Jeepers our there

Leroy_TJ

2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
Supporting Member
Leroy,Alabama new to Jeep TJ , looking for places to explore. Nothing hard core ,more sight seeing seeing and camping.
My 06 Wrangler TJ is my DD and a work in progress.

Hey buddy , where on Earth is Leroy. I’m close to Huntsville.

Lol! Leroy is about 280 miles south of Huntsville.
We are a no redlight ,1 stop sign ,Dollar General on the corner town.
I know what you mean , I’m actually in Morgan City ..south of Huntsville a bit, small town USA .

Absolutely.

Stone lonesome off road park

Estill Fork is awesome

Choccolocco

There’s much more , just have to check on camp sites first and comp somewhere local if none available

If you decide to make a trip up this way we will be glad to show you around .

Reactions: Leroy_TJ
Absolutely.

Stone lonesome off road park

Estill Fork is awesome

Choccolocco

There’s much more , just have to check on camp sites first and comp somewhere local if none available

If you decide to make a trip up this way we will be glad to show you around .
I would appreciate it , might a be awhile. I want to get the hearing right first ,and then maybe getting something to replace the skyjacker lift.
3:07 gears with the 32” tires are a bit of a struggle

if you want me to drive south one day and meet you somewhere I'll be glad to let you drive my Jeep with 4:56 gears and 33 inch tires.

it looks a lot like yours you can see it on the thread that shows the members rides as Andy G's period Correct go 3 Rubicon

Leroy-TJ, Welcome to the TJ world. I am near Dothan. I haven't gotten out to explore here much either but mostly due to the fact that I have some upgrades I want to finish before I am ready to hit the trails. But it is getting closer.

AndyG, My wife and I plan on putting our house on the Market next spring and moving up to the Huntsville area. She has taken some busyness trips up there and really liked it. I have only been through there one time.

Would be cool to meet up with you guys and maybe others for a trip, After this endless summer is over LOL

Leroy-TJ, Welcome to the TJ world. I am near Dothan. I haven't gotten out to explore here much either but mostly due to the fact that I have some upgrades I want to finish before I am ready to hit the trails. But it is getting closer.

AndyG, My wife and I plan on putting our house on the Market next spring and moving up to the Huntsville area. She has taken some busyness trips up there and really liked it. I have only been through there one time.

Would be cool to meet up with you guys and maybe others for a trip, After this endless summer is over LOL
Huntsville is really... nice stay in touch .

if you want me to drive south one day and meet you somewhere I'll be glad to let you drive my Jeep with 4:56 gears and 33 inch tires.

it looks a lot like yours you can see it on the thread that shows the members rides as Andy G's period Correct go 3 Rubicon
That would be cool, I am planning on 4:56. Waiting on funds. Did you gear it or have a shop do it ?
I have been studying and asking a bunch of questions about doing the job myself. We don’t have a shop close to me.
I may try and get up to Mt. Cheaha Oct. 18th.

Dothan is about 3-4 hours east of me, a meet up would be nice.

I am hoping to go up to Mt Cheaha on the 18th or Nov. 1st. My daughter plays travel ball , she don’t any tournaments on those weekends.

I've wanted to go down to Cheaha all year and that would be great in terms of location.

Mine is a 4.0 5 speed , 4:56 gears and 33" tires .
Sounds like a plan ,I will let you know.
Mine is a 6 speed with stock 3:07 gears on 32” tires. My next project is the gearing ad upgrading my rear axles. I have a X model.

Sounds like a plan ,I will let you know.
Mine is a 6 speed with stock 3:07 gears on 32” tires. My next project is the gearing ad upgrading my rear axles. I have a X model.
Cool I did my first re-gear but man I was so in over my head... Basically, unless you know exactly what you're doing, you need to let a shop furnish the gears and do the work.

I know they are far away but Rocket City off road in Huntsville is good and there's a shop in Birmingham that has a good reputation for work on Jeeps but I can't think of the name of it.

It is so worth the money.

Cool I did my first re-gear but man I was so in over my head... Basically, unless you know exactly what you're doing, you need to let a shop furnish the gears and do the work.

I know they are far away but Rocket City off road in Huntsville is good and there's a shop in Birmingham that has a good reputation for work on Jeeps but I can't think of the name of it.

It is so worth the money.
10-4 , I will start looking some shops up. Hopefully I will find one in Mobile ~hour from me