Any experience with OE brand Ravine wheels?

gjmmkm

Has anyone out there had experience using new wheels from OE Wheels. Especially the aluminum ones for tj. In particular the Ravine well. My main concern is authenticity and durability of the finish and their quality control.

When you say OE wheels, do you mean the OE (Original Equipment) wheels that come on the Jeeps from the manufacturer?

OEM means factory, no? Or does OEM mean factory look remanufactured in China?

But I'd think there are plenty of Ravine OEM wheels in the Auto Wrecker, Recycler inventory.

or, is OE? a manufacturer?

and google comes thru
OE does it all !!
Sort of like 3d printing they make EVERYTHING ! not sure thats a compliment tho.

Last edited:
If OE is an aftermarket manufacturer (shame on them for using OE as a name, tricking people into thinking they are original equipment), then I wouldn't bother. It's made in China, and if all you're after is Ravine wheels, those are a dime a dozen as take-offs on Craigslist, eBay, and even this site. I bought a spare set of factory Ravine wheels on Craigslist for my old XJ for about $150 for a set of 4. I would go that route, since the factory Ravine wheels will be much more durable than some cheap aftermarket knock-offs.

OE is the company and they are in Sarasota Florida. They also go by the name Wheel1x on Ebay. I am looking to buy a very nice set of Ravine wheels for my 2005 Jeep. So far I have not found any. I only want like new wheels. If any of you have a nice set I am interested in hearing from you. I do appreciate your suggestions on this. I agree that original from the factory is always the preferred way to go. Thanks again, John. Help!

Reactions: Chris
I wish I had more experience with them. Truth be told, I'm sure they're fine. I'm always just skeptical of cheap Chinese wheels, and in this case, if you could get the original wheels in decent condition, it would obviously be preferable. Hell, even if you found some factory Ravine wheels with a few marks on them, refinishing them wouldn't be that expensive in all honesty.

Just a thought.

Look around your area for places that recondition factory wheels. I believe that’s what OE does? Places take factory wheels, strip the paint, re powder coat them and sell them. I’m in the collision industry and we buy them daily. Plan on spending $125-175 a wheel.

I for one wouldn't hesitate to order wheels from OE. I am not sure whether these are newly manufactured in some 'remote' location, made in the US, or refurbished oem wheels. I could not locate that information on their website, although I didn't search extensively. Having shopped for used oem wheels in the past, I know what a PITA it is to find any that are decent. OE does offer a warranty, so they must be reasonably good. Maybe you could search for some reviews on OE wheels and see what people think. They are priced fairly, IMO.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I for one wouldn't hesitate to order wheels from OE. I am not sure whether these are newly manufactured in some 'remote' location, made in the US, or refurbished oem wheels. I could not locate that information on their website, although I didn't search extensively. Having shopped for used oem wheels in the past, I know what a PITA it is to find any that are decent. OE does offer a warranty, so they must be reasonably good. Maybe you could search for some reviews on OE wheels and see what people think. They are priced fairly, IMO.
Thanks for your input. I am new to the Jeep experience but have lots of automotive experience. I do want wheels that are authentic and will last. Thanks, john

Check out Keystone Automotive, LKQ or Daveys Jeeps. Honestly, if you are looking for wheels in new condition, I'd just buy whatever set you can, and then have them refinished. Its about 80 bucks a wheel, IIRC. Lots of powdercoating places can do it.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I purchased a steel wheel from them before. It came painted silver and was pretty much identical to the actual YJ wheel I was matching.

I wouldnt think too hard about it when ordering from them.

But of course Id always check for used sets before buying new. Daveys is down the road some ways from me and they usually have wheels of all kinds, not just what they show on their site.