Any experiences with the Undercover Fabworks skid plate?

I have the extra clearance tc skid with LO PRO trans mount. My JB SS SYE is arriving tomorrow.Tom Wood driveshaft Monday. Currently have 2” spring lift, 1/2” body lift,1” MML. Don’t know when my SAVVY control arms are coming. I can drive it right now the way it is with just a little vibration but I’m not for fear of drive line damage.l did add some hard 1/8”rubber between the two half’s of the LO PRO. I don’t seem to have the idle vibes associated with this mount. But I only have a few road miles on it.I don’t know if that is making a difference or it will hold up as I just used silicone to glue the rubber to the LO PRO
How much does the Lo Pro mount lower the TC vs a stock trans mount?

Looks like the 97-02 is 3/4”
The 03-06 is 1”.
Mine is a 03 5 speed. right now before the SYE install I have a 5 degree down output shaft, 23 degree driveshaft and 9 degree up pinion angle. So I guess thats right on the edge of drivable or maybe Not? I don’t really know cause I’m just learning all this stuff

7D995107-F538-431E-9E64-E016C59D8165.jpeg

Mine is a 03 5 speed. right now before the SYE install I have a 5 degree down output shaft, 23 degree driveshaft and 9 degree up pinion angle. So I guess thats right on the edge of drivable or maybe Not? I don’t really know cause I’m just learning all this stuff

View attachment 302092

I wouldn't drive it like that.

Reactions: Gollywomper

View attachment 302092
How much skid clearance to you add? How much lift do you have?

How much skid clearance to you add? How much lift do you have?
The extra clearance skid on 03 and up gain 2 1/2 “. Total depth is 2”. I have 2”spring lift and 1/2” body lift. I used the LOPRO trans mount thinking it would keep the shifter in closer to stock position

Yeah, I’m not driving it. Haven’t even broke in my new brakes from BMB

OK good. I wasn't sure, just responding to your statement on being on the edge of drivable...i'd say it's way past that. 14 degrees of operating angle in the front joint would be bad even if the pinion was 5 up to match the output shaft. Moving it in the driveway is about all I'd do.

Here is my 04 with all aluminum ucf ultra high skids. 1.25 body lift 1in mml and using the ucf lopro mount. Loving all the extra belly clearance.

View attachment 302097

View attachment 302099

View attachment 302101

View attachment 302102

View attachment 302103
How much spring lift are you on? Did you have to address rear spring mounts at all? I have the extra clearance skid w 2” lift and my pinion is rotated pretty high to where my springs are very curved. Looking at having the rear uppers relocated.

D1711E88-0F10-46EB-A511-6C1CE07DAFF7.jpeg

Reactions: Jeep 541X
OK good. I wasn't sure, just responding to your statement on being on the edge of drivable...i'd say it's way past that. 14 degrees of operating angle in the front joint would be bad even if the pinion was 5 up to match the output shaft. Moving it in the driveway is about all I'd do.
Thank you for that information cause like I said, I’m learning as I go

View attachment 302092
You've got 2" SL and whatever the extra clearance UCF is showing at the TCase, which I'm betting is at least 1" and probably more, so you're seeing minimally 3" and that's too much for that driveline angle.You'll definitely be getting vibes. If you have to, do a TCase drop temporarily and then buy your JB SS SYE and a Tom Wood rear DC shaft, rear adjustable control arms

Reactions: Jeep 541X
Thank you
How much spring lift are you on? Did you have to address rear spring mounts at all? I have the extra clearance skid w 2” lift and my pinion is rotated pretty high to where my springs are

How much spring lift are you on? Did you have to address rear spring mounts at all? I have the extra clearance skid w 2” lift and my pinion is rotated pretty high to where my springs are very curved. Looking at having the rear uppers relocated.

View attachment 302120
I have the Genright coil correction brackets.

View attachment 302120
I have the Genright coil correction brackets.
https://genright.com/products/rear-coil-spring-correction-kit.html

Reactions: jazngab

View attachment 302120
This seems very extreme?