Any fly fishers here?

Flib

TJ Enthusiast
I seen the hunting thread so I figured I would see if there were any fly fisherman / fly tyers here?

I used to fly fish all the time. Tied my own and more. Love going up to private land in the Adirondacks with my uncle. Such amazing times! I would love to get back into it, but it has been over 10 years. Nothing better than tying your own dry fly and catching a fish with a great cast. Great stuff!

I love it...........that being said have not done it in a long time even though I have stocked state parks and salt water blue/striper fishing all around me..........really want to do a bunch more when kids are out of the house.

I used to fly fish all the time. Tied my own and more. Love going up to private land in the Adirondacks with my uncle. Such amazing times! I would love to get back into it, but it has been over 10 years. Nothing better than tying your own dry fly and catching a fish with a great cast. Great stuff!

that's the joy in it for sure, so satisfying when you coax out a big brown or brookie with your own fly. Trout are not smart but sometimes hard to fool :)

and I once heard an expression that I use all the time now, "no such thing as a bad day of fishing, just catching"

It was actually fishing that got me into 4x4's and now the jeep thing.

I love it...........that being said have not done it in a long time even though I have stocked state parks and salt water blue/striper fishing all around me..........really want to do a bunch more when kids are out of the house.

I find kids love fishing, in short bursts, my daughter loves getting out but after an hour is more interested in throwing rocks in the water :) still fun though.

Nice to hear you did some stocking, I'm big into conservation and it often has its perks too, I have had the opportunity to fish some water before it was open for angling by doing creel studies with the DFO. We focus on sea run brook trout and salmon (which are in really rough shape, to the point where the salmon fishery is going to collapse if something is not done).

IMG_0232.JPG

They both like it, but now one in college and the other in HS...so life is just getting in the way. I also have too many other time sucking hobbies AKA the jeep, corvette and TR6 and also 14 fish tanks and a pond (kind of fishing related), I try and go out on a charter once in a while although it is not fly fishing.
striper.jpg

holy crap that's a big striper! I can catch them 2 minutes from my house but the biggest they get in this part is about 15 to 20 inches.

I grew up in Washington State, so I did a lot of different kinds of fishing including fly fishing. I have lived in AZ now for 11 years and just started fishing this year, but I must say the fish here don't eat the same stuff as they do up there. I need to buy new stuff and relearn. It is definitely fun starting over.

laying in a hospital bed recovering from back surgery so I'm bored senseless ans I know everyone loves pictures :)

2nd biggest brook trout I caught.
big brookie.jpg

big brown (crappy pic) browns are my favorite species to fish for, hard to catch the big ones, like the wise old fish of the river that are not easily fooled.
IMG_0398.JPG

the biggest brown trout I even seen caught in Nova Scotia by my buddy Matt, this thing is a monster.
BigBrown1.JPG

I've tried fly fishing.....not much luck.
I do like stream fishing or fishing high mountain lakes. Out for the experience and catching a few nice fish. When camping and fishing, like to put butter on the fish, roll it up in aluminum foil and put it in the camp fire. Turns out great!
A few years back when my wife and I loaded up our horses and headed to the Marbel Mountain Wilderness area in Northern California. We rode 7 hours on horse back to get into this lake. We stayed there for 4 days, just relaxing and fishing.
Marbles 017.jpg
Marbles 031.jpg
Marbles 049.jpg
Marbles 051.jpg
Marbles 108.jpg