Tennessee Any Jeepers from Tennessee

Howdy from Tallassee TN, about an hour south of Knoxville. The wife and I moved up here from FL a little over 3 years ago. We just bought the TJ as a tow vehicle for our RV, but I'll be using it as a hooptie for my daily driver to keep the miles off of our newer vehicles. I used to own an Xterra and did some four-wheel'n in CA, but hadn't thought about doing it in TN. I'll have to find some local trails to do some light wheel'n now that I have the jeep.

Rob

Reactions: Willys LJ
Welcome Rob! One of the reasons I went with the LJ is I'd like to get a single axle camper (not a pop up) and for pulling a utility trailer as well. But first I've got to put a receiver hitch on it.

Welcome Rob! One of the reasons I went with the LJ is I'd like to get a single axle camper (not a pop up) and for pulling a utility trailer as well. But first I've got to put a receiver hitch on it.

Let me know how well it pulls. When I said "tow vehicle", I'm using mine as a dinghy behind my RV. Our I6 engine is pretty anemic compared to most engines. I wouldn't want to tow too much with it.

Hello, I’m about 20 minutes west of Nashville, just moved here about two years ago. Still getting to know the area and so anxious to find some trails (hiking and some light off roading).

Hello, I’m about 20 minutes west of Nashville, just moved here about two years ago. Still getting to know the area and so anxious to find some trails (hiking and some light off roading).
you are pretty close to east TN id say there's plenty in that area. shouldn't be too hard.

Reactions: MellowYellow
Should be some in the Kentucky Lake/Land Between the Lakes area. We used to have a place on Eagle Creek there, but I was between 4x4s then and didn't go looking for trails.

Reactions: Jon Wildes
I'm in Spring Hill, 25 miles south of Nashville. I am semi new to Jeeps. I've been to Whooly's and Wheelin in the Country so far. I plan on AOP 3/23.

I'm in Spring Hill, 25 miles south of Nashville. I am semi new to Jeeps. I've been to Whooly's and Wheelin in the Country so far. I plan on AOP 3/23.

Welcome to the TN group of wheelers. I'll be at CFR on 3/23 with others from our club. If you want to hook up and wheel with us give me a shout. Or if you go on FB check out "jeeps and wrenches club main page" and go to the event tab. You can get to know a few others that will be there.

Anyone going to LBL in the next few weeks? I usually go alone, it'd be cool to have at least another Jeep around in just in case.

Welcome! There are a few of us Tennesseans on here. Make sure you fill out your profile page. It will save you from having to answer things multiple times about your Jeep.

I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to add myself to the list of TN Jeepers. I have been to Wooly‘s, WITC and Turkey Bay but not In recent years. A friend of mine wants me to go along to take his JKU to Turkey Bay soon so hopefully it’ll dry out one of these days.

Reactions: S.McArthur
I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to add myself to the list of TN Jeepers. I have been to Wooly‘s, WITC and Turkey Bay but not In recent years. A friend of mine wants me to go along to take his JKU to Turkey Bay soon so hopefully it’ll dry out one of these days.
I work in Clarskville off exit 4, I'm busy as hell, but maybe we will meet up sometime, as long as you're not a weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: Mrprez
W
I work in Clarskville off exit 4, I'm busy as hell, but maybe we will meet up sometime, as long as you're not a weirdo.
Here is Turkey Bay? I live in white pine. How rough is it? I took the wife into Windrock last year. Had to promise her I'd never do that to her again...

W
Here is Turkey Bay? I live in white pine. How rough is it? I took the wife into Windrock last year. Had to promise her I'd never do that to her again...

Turkey Bay is in Land Between the Lakes, which is pretty far from your neck of the woods. They usually have a Jeep Jamboree there in the spring that is limited to Jeeps with tires no bigger than 35” because it is aimed at newer Jeepers. I haven’t been there in quite a while but there should still be plenty of trails for every comfort level. You can also camp out there if you come out for a weekend.

Reactions: hvacker