California Any other Jeepers in Kern County California?

Based off the number of Californians on this forum, I would have to guess there are plenty.

We'll see though once others chime in. Welcome to the forum though!

I am about an hour south and venture to the Kern river often. If you ever get something together up there LMK, I am trying to get on as many trails as my Jeep will allow.

Reactions: 06TJ35's
Kern county is pretty big. I’m about a 1/2 hour south of the Kern County line on the 14. My wife and I are pretty mild trail people though. Some Moderate. If I get the itch, I can wheel right around the corner. Otherwise, Red Rock area. Have done a trail in Bishop area and Mammoth.

Kern county is pretty big. I’m about a 1/2 hour south of the Kern County line on the 14. My wife and I are pretty mild trail people though. Some Moderate. If I get the itch, I can wheel right around the corner. Otherwise, Red Rock area. Have done a trail in Bishop area and Mammoth.
I am in Santa Clarita. I am trying to get a trip in to Laurel Lake before the winter season starts. So far it is just me and my Uncle in his Bronco. If anyone else wants to join just HMU.
We are also planning on a Rowher Flats run this weekend but it may be a little far from Kern County for just a day trip.

Last edited:
I’ve been to Laurel Lakes. It’s not a bad run. Beautiful views from up there. We stayed over in Bishop. It’s a bit of a drive from where I am to do a one day turn around run, so we did a longer run out of Bishop one day and then the shorter Laurel Lakes the next. That trail has very few passing spots. We lucked out and didn’t have others come from the other way, not sure what you would do then. There are lengthy distances between passing points. We also had snow on the road in September. It wasn’t bad though. There is a tight u-turn just before the lake.

C88B6CDD-0266-4182-AE00-22A2A69DAAAF.jpeg

56513070-32E0-4F16-9B42-0717ABF906E9.jpeg

CD1AAF4C-82AC-4A6A-85F5-FE3D41FDFF1B.png

37311093-9DF8-47CD-A798-390D499632F9.png

Reactions: U8MYDZT
I’ve been to Laurel Lakes. It’s not a bad run. Beautiful views from up there. We stayed over in Bishop. It’s a bit of a drive from where I am to do a one day turn around run, so we did a longer run out of Bishop one day and then the shorter Laurel Lakes the next. That trail has very few passing spots. We lucked out and didn’t have others come from the other way, not sure what you would do then. There are lengthy distances between passing points. We also had snow on the road in September. It wasn’t bad though. There is a tight u-turn just before the lake.

That looks like a pretty easy trail, how is the fishing at the lake?

Sorry OP wasn't trying to thread jack, I will start a new thread about a potential pre-winter trip.