Any pictures of a Warn VR8 on a stock TJ Bumper?

Maddog

New to the forum and thanks for the add. I would like to install the Warn VR8 winch to my stock bumper. Any pictures out there or any issues with this winch. I know it's China built but it's in the budget. Thanks

New to the forum and thanks for the add. I would like to install the Warn VR8 winch to my stock bumper. Any pictures out there or any issues with this winch. I know it's China built but it's in the budget. Thanks
Hey...welcome to the forum. It's your rig put what you want on it and wheel it. Anybody don't like it let'em pound sand.
Installation should be straight forward regardless of the name on it or where its made. The bumber will be fine as the winch is mounted to a plate that is attached to the frame so the bumper really isn't needed at all.

Reactions: BBQBOB and Starrs
1E643E23-664A-4685-B51D-A177987F06DE.jpeg
I’d install it again. Mounted on my rock crawler front bumper.

Is that Warn's mounting bracket? That looks lower than what I've seen. I've got the same winch sitting in my spare bedroom with nothing to mount it to haha.

Well now that this thread got bumped, I'll show my stock bumper rigged up with a bunch of crap:
winched.JPG

I've got the rope spooled all the way in with one of those overpriced factor 55 nipple things now, I didn't like having the hook hanging that low.

What brand is your winch mount?

https://www.morris4x4center.com/pavement-ends-winch-plate-matte-black-powder-coated-45921-01.html
I figured for $17 I could make it work on a stock bumper haha! Sturdy plate. If my memory serves me correctly I think all the bolt holes lined up perfectly. I had to cut the rubber blocks down a little bit but everything else worked.

Well, I had to get the plasma cutter out on the brush guard, but that's another story. The winch plate by itself is great.