Florida Any public off-road places in NW Florida?

bedhed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Over the years, I've seen many people talking about all of the fun off-roading trips around Ocala, but nothing further into the panhandle.

I've been in the Apalachicola National Forest twice. The first time we were on ATVs and got shot at, then nearly laughed at by a ranger about it. The second time was with the Jeeps. That was pretty fun. Even then, we got strange death stares as we made our way out. I don't need any of that on a solo trip.

I live in North West FL, and while I've been offroading a lot, for a while, I've never actually been to an actual offroad park.

If you live in somewhere that is not real developed, you can look for fire access roads, un-gated trails into the woods, etc. Anywhere without a "No Trespassing" sign.
My personal favorite are the open fields beneath the massive power lines that run through dense sections of woods.
If you live in an area that is rural or near a rural area, finding random trails into the woods will be easy and a lot more convenient that driving all the way to Ocala.
(Not condoning doing anything illegal), but remember that time in the seat is king. Just find somewhere to wheel where you wont get in trouble, and enjoy it