Any recommendations for an auto-transport company in the US for my new 2003 TJ?

PNWBrian

I've purchased my first 2003 Jeep TJ from family in Vegas and need to get it shipped up to me in WA state (Jeep info in my new member post). I've already considered driving it back, however, it's not been regularly used for a few years and I'd rather not find out in the middle of nowhere in Nevada if it has any problems.

I put some quote requests out on some sites online and am now inundated with quotes from $730 to $1200 from companies/brokers I know nothing about.

Does anyone here have any experience with any transporting autos in the US and could make some recommendations?

Reactions: Chris
Post it on http://uship.com.

I've shipped countless numbers of cars and motorcycles on there and NEVER had a bad experience, not once.

The trick is to go with the shipper that has the best reviews, offers insurance coverage, and has a history on the site.

You really can't go wrong with the majority of shippers on that website. It's owned by eBay FYI.

From 1993 thru 2004 I had extensive experience, both personal and professional with Reliable Auto Transport.
They were always very professional. First class all the way.
I shipped five of my own vehicles with them during that time frame.

FWIW: Prices maybe higher now and for the next few weeks due to Barrett Jackson and all the other auto auctions that are currently going on in Phoenix.

Reactions: PNWBrian
From 1993 thru 2004 I had extensive experience, both personal and professional with Reliable Auto Transport.
They were always very professional. First class all the way.
I shipped five of my own vehicles with them during that time frame.

FWIW: Prices maybe higher now and for the next few weeks due to Barrett Jackson and all the other auto auctions that are currently going on in Phoenix.

Post it on http://uship.com.

I've shipped countless numbers of cars and motorcycles on there and NEVER had a bad experience, not once.

The trick is to go with the shipper that has the best reviews, offers insurance coverage, and has a history on the site.

You really can't go wrong with the majority of shippers on that website. It's owned by eBay FYI.

Thanks! I have bids going on with uShip and they are definately high right now (1,000-1,200). I'm working with a broker from a company called "Intercede Transport Group" that is giving me quotes around $800. They have some online reviews and I haven't turned up anything negative yet.

Thanks! I have bids going on with uShip and they are definately high right now (1,000-1,200). I'm working with a broker from a company called "Intercede Transport Group" that is giving me quotes around $800. They have some online reviews and I haven't turned up anything negative yet.

Sounds good! The last shipment I had on Uship for a vehicle started out around $1200 but got as low as $700. I ended up going with one for $800.

The big thing aside from reviews is to make sure they have in their listing that they are insured for up to X amount. If they aren’t, you need to make sure to pay extra for the Uship insurance. Better safe than sorry!

And the Jeep is on its way! Let's just hope the chain on that lift arm keeps it from bouncing and whacking the jeep while in transit. It's all insured at least. Estimated to arrive by Saturday.
5694674631.jpg